Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Call for Remixes: THE PATH OF GLASS

Call for Remixes: THE PATH OF GLASS

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Nov 18, 2013 @ 8:04 AM
PRAYER: Art as Prayer and Prayer as Art

I am looking for remixes to be part of a new, original theatrical production I am working on called PRAYER. With my collaborators, Evelyn Stettin and Angela Grillo, we are working on a multi-media performance that explores art as prayer through the character of Dorothy Vogel, based in part, on the famed art collector Dorothy Vogel (of “ Herb and Dorothy Vogel”).

This piece is quite conceptual (for the record, the Vogels favored conceptual art), and experimental — more performance art/art songs than anything else. At the performance, most of the music will be pre-recorded, although vocals, guitar and certain percussion will be performed live.

One of the many themes we hope to incorporate into the experience of PRAYER, is the idea of the collective — the collective ego, the collective unconscious, the cosmic collective. I thought bringing ccMixter into the mix is a beautiful way to do that.

PATH OF GLASS is a refrain that will be repeated three times during the course of the performance. We would love to hear what you do with it! (I am still working on a version based on Doxent’s Minimal Bass which was the beat we relied on for the purpose of recording the pells and which you can hear a bit of as an additional file.)

We will be presenting the remixes created for this piece as an interactive element at any performances or workshops we may conduct related to this work.

At this time, PRAYER is slated to be previewed in Los Angeles prior to being presented at the historic Good Shepard Chapel in Seattle, WA as part of The Garret Fisher Ensemble Guest Artist Series in February 2014.

Any remixes uploaded by the end of January will be included in the playlist that we will share everywhere. Also, there is no requirement that you use each of the vocal stems — as long as at least one of the vocal stems is included in your remix it will be included in the playlist.

Also, if you are inclined to share your stems, I would be so grateful.

I hope you will join us on this journey!

…and I am happy to answer any questions you may have about this project. Thanks.

CLICK HERE FOR STEMS. Upload includes additional vocal stems not included in the preview mix.

PATH OF GLASS

by SackJo22 & Evelyn Stettin

a shattered mirror
the path of glass glistens
the shards are piercing

a shattered mirror
broken reflections

a shattered mirror
follow and listen

glass glistens
shattered reflections
broken path

sun glistens
on shattered shards
mirror reflections

shards glisten
broken path of reflections
pierced mirror
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Nov 18, 2013 @ 9:19 AM
beautiful Susan! thank you for sharing your project with our community here at ccM.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Nov 20, 2013 @ 10:35 AM
The Path of Glass playlist is here.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Dec 11, 2013 @ 1:03 PM
Thank you to those who have created such beautiful remixes of The Path of Glass. The call for remixes is still open. And as soon as I can sing again (I have been sick), I look forward to sharing more music from PRAYER. Merry merry to you!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Dec 31, 2013 @ 4:58 PM
Another song from PRAYER is now available for remixing. Like Path of Glass, all remixes of My Heart is Holding will be included in a playlist streaming and available at live performances of prayer, and featured on my (soon to be done) website.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Jan 6, 2014 @ 11:58 PM
My Open Heart, another song from the PRAYER song cycle is now available for remixing. Like Path of Glass, all remixes of My Heart is Holding will be included in a playlist streaming and available at live performances of prayer, and featured on my (soon to be done) website.

At our preview event on February 8 in Los Angeles, we will also be holding a Q&A where I anticipate speaking about ccMixter and how the contributions of the ccMixter community were a way of bringing the concept of the collective into this work. So far, the remixes have been stunning! I am so excited to be able to bring our music to new audiences and to introduce them to the magic of ccMixter. If you are in the area and able to make it, we would love to see you there!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Jan 20, 2014 @ 7:37 PM
Thank you everyone who has contributed so far to the PRAYER project.

The PRAYER playlist is now available on my newly launched website. You can check it out here.

Right now, the songs are in no particular order. Contributing artists are listed in alphabetical order and link to the song page.

If I somehow overlooked a remix you created as part of PRAYER, please let me know so I can add it to the playlist/attribution list.

February 5 is the deadline to submit remixes that will be included on the playlist downloaded to our player for the February 8 performance. February 10 is the deadline to submit remixes that will be included in the playlist downloaded to our player for the February 15 performance.

I am so excited to share the amazing music you created with our audience, and to speak about ccmixter and our very special musical community.

You can learn more about PRAYER here.