Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Commercial Loop Pack For Linux etc?

Commercial Loop Pack For Linux etc?

stellarartwars
permalink   Fri, Oct 11, 2013 @ 6:47 PM
One of the best features of commercial packages from Reason to Acid and eJay is the huge library of music loops, phrases, sounds and samples that come with them.

I’m wondering if anyone’s interested in putting together from the resources here a disk worth of royalty-free samples (with permission of the creators of course) in the form of 1-4 bar loop files that we could sell physically or digitally and split the profits?

What’s great about the material submitted on this site is the colourfulness and personality of the music, which I believe in a bite-size form would make a worthwhile purchase for all levels of musician on all budgets.

Price wise, I’d suggest around $10 for 800mb (a CD) worth of .flac phrase loops. Quite a few royalty-free loops I’ve created have shown up in chart records, so the potential is definitely there.

What do you think?
Rey Izain
permalink   Wed, Oct 16, 2013 @ 5:41 AM
loops are generally not provided as flacs but can be at a push. More generally and usefully (in terms of sales) loops are provided as 24bit Acidized Wav files, 16bit Wav files and AIFF so that they can be used over most DAWS. This would mean that you only really have to produce (for one CDs worth) about 250mb of material. There is easily enough on this site for people to donate the odd kit here and there so that CCMixter can sell copyright free samples for production in the wider world and might help with the costs of the site. I would certainly be willing to input to something like that (as long as health permits).
regard, rey