Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Weekly upload listings

Weekly upload listings

RizKeyG
permalink   Wed, Oct 10, 2012 @ 4:15 AM
Hello

Is there a option in here to show what tracks have been uploaded on the day you check this website..

Editors picks maybe be great ( if you like their personal preferences ) but i sometimes miss a lot of fantastic new uploads because its not highlighted in a straight forward manner as the word ” Listings ” hidden in the Remix sub categories, doesnt seem to promote an obvious place for a newbie to hear fresh/new uploaded mixes.

ITS JUST A THOUGHT !!!

Speck
permalink   Wed, Oct 10, 2012 @ 5:14 AM
If you go to preferences under Artists on the left sidebar there’s a check box for ‘latest uploads’ and ‘latest remixes’. These put those in the sidebar for easy access.

permalink   RizKeyG Wed, Oct 10, 2012 @ 5:54 AM
Quote: SpeckIf you go to preferences under Artists on the left sidebar there’s a check box for ‘latest uploads’ and ‘latest remixes’. These put those in the sidebar for easy access.

thats the point im making Speck

You have to find it! .. rather than have it in front of you!

where as Editors picks seems an overall predominantly highlighted selector !

The only reason why i have highlighted this issue is because people who i have pointed to this site .. have mentioned it to me !

permalink   Speck Wed, Oct 10, 2012 @ 7:29 AM
Well, yeah, but once you have those boxes checked it’s right there with the Editor’s picks. So I guess what you’re suggesting is that they make those two appear as a default rather than an option? Not a bad idea, in fact rather a good idea. They do have Recent Reviewers there, so yeah, recent uploads probably is more useful than that. You should probably post this request/inquiry in the Features forum, subtitled ‘request and talk about features’.

permalink   RizKeyG Wed, Oct 10, 2012 @ 7:43 AM
Yep ..It does sound logical Speck!

Im not saying its a bad thing to have editors picks either.
BUT…..
Its like having a website that you purchase products from but are only initially “guided?” into the companies own personal choice of what you should buy, rather than being able to instantly/freely choose for yourself what you want to buy.

there is a phrase for that but…you know what i mean anyway ;)

i never thought about it..until i had 4 friends check the site over for their first time with a fresh pair of eyes/perspective.