Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » boxWINDOWdoor: a play on dreams

boxWINDOWdoor: a play on dreams

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Jun 12, 2012 @ 11:03 PM
I am excited to bring more great ccMixter sounds to the Hollywood Fringe Festival where my collaborators and I will be presenting the second act of our play boxWINDOWdoor on June 14 and June 17. boxWINDOWdoor is a multi-dimensional theatrical piece about the transformative power of dreams.

I have been working on this project for a while as music director (among other things) and it continues to be in development. We performed act I last year, and were named “Best of Fringe.”

The music is essentially remixes created using source material from ccMixter and freesound.org — it’s been a great way to bring sharing culture to a new audience, who have generally been very enthusiastic about the music and interested in learning more about ccmixter. I look forward to sharing the music created for this performance here soon. (I have uploaded music from last year’s show, i.e., Margaret’s Lullaby which will be reprised in this performance.)

You can learn more about boxWINDOWdoor and the Hollywood Fringe Festival here. (Our Indiegogo page has interesting info too — and this is not a solicitation — campaign’s closed) If you’re in the Los Angeles area and able to make it to one of the shows, please be sure to let me know — if I haven’t met you already, I would love to meet you!

p.s. this is why I haven’t been around too much lately :>)