Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Attribution to Multiple Tracks on single video?

Attribution to Multiple Tracks on single video?

Muffuah
permalink   Fri, Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:56 AM
I’m working on a video that may include several tracks from this site. Is there an abbreviated way to give attribution to several creators? I think I will give the attribution in the credits “Roll-up” to give credit in a way that would show proper light on the creator(s) so a single-line credit (even for each creator)would be desired. …maybe with a single line with directions to the Mixter site?
Thanks
OpenIndieProjectDotOrg
permalink   Fri, Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:30 AM
Couple of things you could do:

You could group the tracks by licence.

E.G.

The following music is published under CC BY-SA
“Some great song” by “Lieutenant Jimmy”
“Another song” by “Cabin-boy John”

Additionally, the following music is published under CC BY

“Song for me” by “Constable Carrot”
etc
etc.

Another thing you could also do is have a page on your own site which has a complete list with links to each artist and info about the Creative Commons licence. If you use a URL shortener, you probs be able to customise it to match your video title
bit.ly/myvideotitle or sim. So you can provide some details on your video but also link to a more meaty version which can provide links to the content authors’ profile pages on ccMixter or sim.

I would suggest that you only use shortners that directly takes the clicker to the page without going through an advert page first. You can still get total number of clicks etc and it won’t annoy people ;-)

permalink   Muffuah Fri, Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:17 PM
PERFECT answer! I didn’t know URL shorteners existed ‘till I read your reply, but I’ll now look into that for the project. …and I’ll just make a page dedicated to this with all appropriate links… Great idea.

Tip-O-The-Hat