Firefly Secret Mixter Remixes!
Home » Forums » Help » Band Seeks to upload music

Band Seeks to upload music

permalink   Tue, Oct 18, 2011 @ 3:40 PM
We are interested in submitting our music for remixs into the creative commons pool. What category should I upload to? What is the TUBED by you category? Thank you!
permalink   Tue, Oct 18, 2011 @ 4:16 PM
If you are submitting music to be remixed, you should submit stems (i.e., individual instrumental tracks) as samples. If the stems are from a composition, you can upload a preview mp3 using the “submit samples” feature, and add the stem files as additional files. If the composition includes a vocal, you can upload it using the “submit pell” feature.

Tubed BY You was a recent remix event in which the ccMixter community was invited to submit stems, a capellas and remixes created with video/film soundtrack in mind. ccMixter (and its sister site are popular sites for video makers to find music. and ccMixter hoped to expand its music library for music suited for film. The Tubed BY You event also encouraged uploads using cc-BY licensing as part of ccMixter’s mission to promote free culture.