Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Parts Wanted » Track wanted for time lapse clouds video

Track wanted for time lapse clouds video

mindink
permalink   Tue, Sep 13, 2011 @ 4:30 PM
Hey all,

I created a time lapse video below and was looking for the right classical or ambient track to add to it, when I remembered the creative folks here at ccmixter.

I am looking for an original piece that will match the swells of the various cloud formations, and maybe somekind of a driving bass line that matches the constant clouds in the distant horizon, and of course changing as the day turns to night with some firey clouds at the end. But use your imagination.

This is not, and will never be, a commercial video. I can’t pay anything. I just enjoy time lapse and thought there might be someone who would want to do this for no other than the fun and challenge. And of course you will get full credit on the video page and in the video itself. I will of course redo the video with a proper title including your name.

I’m looking for something airy yet powerful, ethereal and dreamy, classical or ambient, but nothing hardcore. Vocals are welcomed, but no words. Ethnic, tribal, is good too. Again, something that matches the movement of all the various cloud formations and the moments when there are big swells to empty sky with nothing but the distant clouds on the horizon, and little cloud formations coming and going throughout.

Is this too much to ask for? I hope not. I do this for the science and fun that time lapse brings me and I hope someone else might feel the same.

Time lapse clouds - 8 hours in 4 minutes (fixed the link)

Thanks,
Paul
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Sep 13, 2011 @ 5:41 PM
We are in the midst of a remix event focusing on creating music for film and video. You might find something that is just perfect by visiting the playlist here:

http://ccmixter.org/playlis...
mindink
permalink   Wed, Sep 14, 2011 @ 6:26 AM
Yeah, thank you. I saw that, and I listened to all of those songs, which are great, but just not quite feeling them. :( And that is NOT a knock on any of those talented artists.

I just have a particular idea in mind and really looking for a song that flows with the video. Especially around the 50 second mark where a lot of clouds start to swell.

Again, maybe I am asking too much or am too particular. I don’t need every single cloud formation matched by the song, just the overall movement of various parts in the video.

If this request of mine doesn’t pan out, then i will definitely select a song from that list.

permalink   Admiral Bob Wed, Sep 14, 2011 @ 10:19 AM
There’s thousands and thousands of pieces here. Might just be a question of listening til you find the piece you want!

permalink   mindink Thu, Sep 15, 2011 @ 6:21 PM
this is true! off i go..

permalink   economix Fri, Sep 30, 2011 @ 10:46 PM
Mindlink, I have been cherry-picking music for my youtube page under the name BEDPANNER - you can filter by license or tags using DIGccMixter. My pick for clouds would be to search for ‘chill’ or ‘downbeat’. Another tip would be to accelerate the clip. Many people use the search engine filter for short clips - 4 minutes in google and 90 seconds in flickr. Good Luck