Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » FreeMixter Free! Music! Contest 2011 requires ccMixter Stem Submission

FreeMixter Free! Music! Contest 2011 requires ccMixter Stem Submission

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Jul 11, 2011 @ 10:23 AM
Hey ya’ll,

ccMixter is honored to be highlighted as part of this year’s Free! Music! Contest called FreeMixter.

FreeMixter requires at least one stem (vocal, drum, bass, etc.) of a song submitted to the contest be uploaded at ccMixter to ensure remixability under Creative Commons license. Additionally, if a song submitted to FreeMixter is based on source found at ccMixter, one of the stems created by the FreeMixter producer has to be uploaded and published at ccMixter as well. We think this is very cool.

A jury will select tracks to be included on a double cd and there will be a party where some of the bands will play live. Register by July 31 - lossless tracks are to be submitted to the Musikpirat on Soundcloud. Check out the submissions as they are uploaded here at ccMixter.

A special thanks to the Musikpirat for all of his support of ccMixter. Many tracks here at ccM have been highlighted by him as the Catch of the Day.

In general, ccMixter doesn’t officially sponsor contests. But, hey, we can’t help but be quite honored to be an integral part of the FreeMixter and wish everyone good luck and happy mixing!
septahelix
permalink   Mon, Jul 11, 2011 @ 3:44 PM
Sounds cool.
So just have at least one original upload and make sure all samples are found on the ccmixter website, correct?

permalink   septahelix Mon, Jul 11, 2011 @ 3:49 PM
Nevermind, I see. It’s kind of worded confusingly. Pretty much, you have to upload at least a track from a song you submit to the contest onto ccmixter, and if you use samples from material of someone else in the contest, you have to upload at least one stem of that onto ccmixter as well.

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Jul 12, 2011 @ 12:53 PM
Nearly. If you remix a sumbitted song, it would be great if you’d upload another track but there is no need to.
If you select a sample from ccmixter of a non participating song, you must release an additional track.

Hope, this sounds less confusing. ;)
The easiest way to compete is uploading a song and a new track here.

permalink   septahelix Tue, Jul 12, 2011 @ 5:37 PM
Thanks Musikpirat. I was planning on adding guitars and MIDI to drum, bass, and vocal tracks from different songs on ccmixter. Would that work?

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Jul 13, 2011 @ 10:38 AM
Yes, that would work.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Thu, Jul 28, 2011 @ 3:26 PM
I just entered Give It Up (Start Again)[feat. Subliminal]. thanks for featuring ccMixter in this project Christian.
musikpirat
permalink   Sun, Jul 31, 2011 @ 1:06 PM
We just aligned the deadline for remixes and orginals. Because every remix is a new orginal. So registration is open until august 15th.
musikpirat
permalink   Mon, Sep 12, 2011 @ 11:32 AM
And here are the results. I’m glad, that a pretty couple of ccmixter-artists have been chosen by the jury. :) Thank you very much for having joined the contest!