Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » The OMG Boy did I suck! thread

The OMG Boy did I suck! thread

Admiral Bob
permalink   Wed, Jan 5, 2011 @ 11:35 AM
Anyone have anything you did a really, really long time ago that is a horror to you now?

I’ll go first: I wrote and recorded a song called “Room for Two” 24 years ago this month. An old bandmate put it up on his MySpace site.

Please share the embarrassments. :)
Abstract Audio
permalink   Wed, Jan 5, 2011 @ 4:15 PM
You’ll be proberbly glad then there’s no reference to you on that page. Is this you original record of this song? It doesn’t sound to bad unlike the next one (hard to fall in love) I skipped it after 30 seconds.

This is a work I like but it has a horrific piano sound and melody.

(warning not safe for work, its distorted techno-hardcore)
This is proberbly my worst track online. Really bad sounding bassdrum, kiddy sounding 1st melody and the lead is far to harsh. I do like the last minute from 4.24
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Tue, Jan 18, 2011 @ 12:33 PM
I’ve got a song or two that I’d rather not be associated with now. Fortunately, though, they have not found their way onto the internet yet. :)
texasradiofish
permalink   Sat, Mar 5, 2011 @ 2:24 PM
Quote: Admiral BobAnyone have anything you did a really, really long time ago that is a horror to you now?

I’ll go first: I wrote and recorded a song called “Room for Two” 24 years ago this month. An old bandmate put it up on his MySpace site.

Please share the embarrassments. :)

If the individual tracks are still available, post it. The song would be fun to remaster or remix. It’s got a beat and a feel; just needs some love and attention like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree.
texasradiofish
permalink   Sat, Mar 5, 2011 @ 2:42 PM
too many songs, too many bands, too many embarrassments.

In the 1990s, ElRon and I had a once a week gig at Houston’s Billy Blues (Texas chain of now defunct blues clubs and eateries). The weekly headliner for about 10 years was William Rayfield “Guitar Slim” Jackson (r.i.p.). Without the band’s permission, a furniture salesmen connected a recorder to the house mixing board and released the music on a CD. The embarrassment was due to the mixer being used for vocals, keyboard and minor sound reenforcement. What a sad excuse for a CD.