Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Not authorized to submit?

Not authorized to submit?

Gerador Zero
permalink   Sat, Sep 3, 2005 @ 5:24 PM
I was going to upload a new song when I read this:

Quote: You are not authorized to submit this type of file at this time, most likely because you have met the quota for this type of submission.

How lovely. Great way to get started on ccMixter II.

I really thought it would be great to put a copy of all my cc-licensed tracks here, but it seems the site must be having bandwidth or storage issues. So, instead of throwing a hissy fit, I’ll do something useful and give you a possible solution to that.

What about allowing me to host the actual file on my site? I’d register the track exactly the same way on ccMixter, but instead of uploading the file, I’d simply supply an URL. Everything would work exactly the same for anyone downloading / streaming / podcasting / whatevering the song and everyone would live happily for ever and ever - without having to worry about quotas.

Seriuosly, this got me really frustrated.

[]s
FZero
Gerador Zero
victor
permalink   Sun, Sep 4, 2005 @ 7:44 AM
The quota (aka throttle) has been in place for over six months with no complaints about it (until now I guess).

After taking a quick look at your account however it doesn’t look like you should have hit the quotas since you’ve uploaded a remix and have been remixed. I’ll check it into some more when I get ‘back in the office’.

In the coming months we have plans to ‘hook up’ multiple ccMixter/ccHost sites and allow for ‘importing’ cc meta data from random pages so you can say ‘I Sampled This’ and be pointing off site (including archive.org where you can upload as much cc music as you wish forever and ever)

We’ve had these plans for a while ;) the difference now is that most of the code has been written, it’s more a matter of finding the resources/time to finish and test it.

Peace,
Victor
Gerador Zero
permalink   Sun, Sep 4, 2005 @ 8:15 AM
Quote: The quota (aka throttle) has been in place for over six months with no complaints about it (until now i guess).

Yeah, It’s been a while since I uploaded something. This restriction only appeared with the new version to me.

Quote: In the coming months we have plans to ‘hook up’ multiple ccMixter/ccHost sites and allow for ‘importing’ cc meta data from random pages so you can say ‘I Sampled This’ and be pointing off site (including archive.org where you can upload as much cc music as you wish forever and ever)

That’s great! I’m curently in a host with loads of space and bandwidth, so hosting files is not a problem at all - I just want them to show at ccMixter.

Quote: We’ve had these plans for a while ;) the difference now is that most of the code has been written, it’s more a matter of finding the resources/time to finish and test it.

If I can help in some way, I’m up for beta tests.

[]s
FZero
victor
permalink   Wed, Sep 7, 2005 @ 12:11 PM
Quote: If I can help in some way, I’m up for beta tests.

Cool, yea, we’ll let you know… we gotta finish the coding part first ;)

Victor
zikweb
permalink   Fri, Sep 30, 2005 @ 5:03 AM
Quote: Quote: If I can help in some way, I’m up for beta tests.

Cool, yea, we’ll let you know… we gotta finish the coding part first ;)

Victor

Me too me too!!! :-)
No , seriously, that is a very good idea to save space on your side by letting us posting files’ URL iso uploading them.

And as you mentionned, Archive.org is doing a very good repository area ;-)