Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Why doesn't the Samples Browser have a simple play button?

Why doesn't the Samples Browser have a simple play button?

Clarence Simpson
permalink   Fri, Oct 1, 2010 @ 9:35 PM
So, I’ve noticed something that’s a bit annoying to me when looking for samples using the Samples Browser. Everywhere else that you see lists of samples there’s just a simple play button beside the sample where it just starts playing in the browser. But in the Samples browser you download an MP3 or an M3U file. So to just preview the sample w/o downloading I have to open the sample page and then click Play. :(

I’d really like it if the Samples Browser had a play button just like the A Cappella Browser and it would just play the default MP3 for the chosen sample.

Thanks!
Abstract Audio
permalink   Sun, Oct 3, 2010 @ 10:57 AM
There is it’s a speaker symbol between the users name and the file extension (not with .zip offcourse).
go to this link select the tag 12_string.
The first link should look like this example and you can find your preview button where I wrote preview

12 string guitar riff (fro… 90bpm Klaus_N preview mp3 (177KB)

Succes!

permalink   Clarence Simpson Sun, Oct 3, 2010 @ 11:51 AM
No, I know about that link, but clicking there just downloads an M3U file which you then have to play in whatever media player you have installed.

I prefer the instant in-browser play feature of the other pages. To see what I mean, try clicking on the 12-string preview button like you suggested. Then, try clicking the speaker icon on either of these two pages:

http://ccmixter.org/view/me...

http://ccmixter.org/files/K...

That’s the preview behavior I prefer, personally, and I just wasn’t sure why the Samples Browser is being handled differently.

permalink   Abstract Audio Tue, Oct 5, 2010 @ 1:31 AM
I see what you mean, have no idea why that is.

Come to think about it, why isn’t it possible play more samples at the same time? On looperman.com I can preview multiple previews so I can hear how loops sounds together.
economix
permalink   Thu, Jun 14, 2012 @ 6:55 AM
limits of the embedded player may have something to do with it. samples are provided in such a variety of formats from FLAC to OGG and the player can’t cope with them all.
sindee
permalink   Fri, Sep 28, 2012 @ 6:56 AM
I think that is really what will sample browser will do. It will just have a simple play button. Let us wait for some good comments.

permalink   angelina042 Mon, Nov 26, 2012 @ 2:49 AM
yes i agreed with this ….