Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Podcast featuring Lasswell and Emsu_Haja

Podcast featuring Lasswell and Emsu_Haja

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Jul 20, 2010 @ 10:19 PM
I started a meet-up a few months ago in my home town called the San Diego Future of Music as a way to create a common space with the local community of artists and music biz entrepreneurs. It’s going pretty well so far I’m happy to report, and I’ve been recording the conversations we have for editing into podcasts. In this way those who can’t attend physically, can still listen in. The idea is to germinate a ‘commons’ culture like the one here at ccmixter, locally in my home town.

Last month, Lasswell dropped by and joined in the discussion, and Sackjo22 and Haskell came to the first live performance connected to the meet-up. Emily performed a set, and the next day Emsu_Haja came into existance while remixing Todo Mundo stems. We had so much fun.

And out of the experience comes a podcast—Which, if you’d like, you can download and/or stream here

Most of the inspiration for this effort comes directly from ccMixter’s influence on me as an artist—so grateful I am to be a part of it all. Thank you!

Your comments and advice are welcome.

btw-I’m planning to produce the next episode of The Hook this week too—I’ve been concentrating on getting the Future of Music effort off the ground first, so my apologies for the long delay.