Branching Out Secret Mixter Sign Ups
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » first ccmixter remix - how to attract reviews?

first ccmixter remix - how to attract reviews?

Awkward_tom
permalink   Mon, Jul 12, 2010 @ 9:27 AM
it might be a stupid question but as this is my first remix, i was thinking now that i have dropped off the first page, whats the best way to generate new recommends & reviews? btw my remix is http://ccmixter.org/files/a... thanks ;)
spinmeister
permalink   Mon, Jul 12, 2010 @ 9:38 AM

permalink   Awkward_tom Mon, Jul 12, 2010 @ 9:48 AM
Quote: spinmeister“Ethic of Reciprocity” ;-) noted - thanks
Admiral Bob
permalink   Mon, Jul 12, 2010 @ 12:36 PM
It also helps to post material which is interesting to listen to, I think. I can think of a few remixers who work very hard at creating interesting landscapes of sound, and people tend to comment a lot on what they do.

As time goes on, it snowballs, because you know these remixers will always post interesting stuff.

I must confess that if I’m pressed for time and can only listen to a couple of things… well much as I shouldn’t, I’m human, and if people I’m a fan of are on the list, I might prioritize listening to theirs.

Also, I’ll admit that personally I tend to avoid NSFW stuff. Not always, but often. Thats just my problem, because Forensic are really good and I know I miss a lot of their stuff for that reason.
Awkward_tom
permalink   Mon, Jul 12, 2010 @ 1:23 PM
i had already listened to a lot of other tracks from various contributors before i uploaded my own remix - but now i have some content of my own on this cool site, i feel more “worthy” of passing comments on other people’s songs - so thats exactly what i will carry on doing! - thanks all for the advice.