Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Beckfords Vocal

Beckfords Vocal

Loveshadow
permalink   Fri, Jun 18, 2010 @ 7:46 AM
My old mate Beckfords vocal gets picked up, remixed and ends up on the new Hed Kandi album, which is currently at Number 24 in the UK charts.

Way to Go !

CD 3 Track 6 :-)

http://www.hedkandi.com/pro...
spinmeister
permalink   Fri, Jun 18, 2010 @ 10:50 AM
brilliant!
Admiral Bob
permalink   Fri, Jun 18, 2010 @ 12:24 PM
Awesome stuff!
gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Jun 20, 2010 @ 3:07 PM
Hurray!
essesq
permalink   Sun, Jun 20, 2010 @ 5:20 PM
Yay! Very cool. I like good news. :-)
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Jun 20, 2010 @ 6:38 PM
Congratulations! Oh so cool!
wellman
permalink   Sat, Jul 3, 2010 @ 2:10 PM
Congratulations!
texasradiofish
permalink   Fri, Jul 16, 2010 @ 5:48 PM
Way to go, Beckfords. Excellent news.
copperhead
permalink   Sun, Jul 25, 2010 @ 5:10 AM
Beckfords has an amazing voice! Congrats.
beckfords
permalink   Fri, Aug 20, 2010 @ 3:54 AM
thanx all :-)i was surprised and it made me smile, but i think you should let these people know that there are some unscrupulous people on this site who pick up an accapella and make money from it… just saw one of my songs on beatport which is a mix from this site.”and i gave no permission and wasnt even asked if he could do so” thats why i havnt posted any vocals lately, and wont be. just wish i could see this guy face to face!! he wouldnt be doing that to anyone else afterwards for sure! its a shame because i know most people on this site do this for the love of it and not for greed.

permalink   Admiral Bob Fri, Aug 20, 2010 @ 6:32 AM
Sorry to hear about that. Of course, misrepresenting your work as their work isn’t specifically about CCMixter…. that’s something they could do with any way they have of getting your material.

There was a music professor named Larry Fritts at the University of Iowa who released a whole bunch of blues backing tracks into the public domain. A few months later he discovered someone was selling copies of his tracks on CD, claiming to be the author.

I always thought if he’d used CC-Attribution he would have been much better protected. He could have sued the pants off his usurper for not attributing to him.

And so I hope you’ll reconsider. Licensing via CC licenses doesn’t make dishonest dealing easier on ethically challenged people: it makes it harder. Since you’re giving many uses of your music for free, they’re harder-pressed to defend the infringing uses.

permalink   beckfords Wed, Aug 25, 2010 @ 4:59 PM
i know bob, just leaves a bad bad vibe.like i said, this place is cool,with some really gifted folk ..aaahhh just a shame.