Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome

iriXx
permalink   Wed, Apr 14, 2010 @ 6:18 AM
There doesn’t seem to be anywhere else in the forum to say ‘Hi I’m new here’ so I just thought I’d post to introduce myself to the forums, and to say thanks to all who reviewed my first track and warmly welcomed me to ccMixter.

I’m very much enjoying checking out everyone’s samples and remixes, lots of very talented people here showing what the Commons is all about. I’ve been a supporter of CC licensing in my own music for several years now, I usually license BY-NC-SA but I like to leave people free to sample, so I may switch to using Sampling Plus.

Remix-wise I’m looking for inspiration for a new track right now, and have been having a bit of a phase of making glitchy, vocal-based remixes somewhat Lusine-like in style so if anyone has some acapellas or even beats they’d like to point me in the direction of, feel free to suggest…. so much to search through here!

cheers
iriXx
texasradiofish
permalink   Wed, Apr 14, 2010 @ 10:32 PM
Welcom, iriXx.

I agree with Colab’s statement, “One of the things I found worked well for me when I joined two years ago was to be active in listening to other remixers’ music and leaving reviews.”

texasradiofish

permalink   iriXx Thu, Apr 15, 2010 @ 5:27 AM
Thanks - I’ll take your suggestions, yeah I’m really enjoying checking out the music happening here. I’ll browse around… should upload some of my own samples too, mostly soundscapes, and a few vocals.