Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Reconstructing tracks from Trifonic's Emergence album based on WAVs from ccMixter

Reconstructing tracks from Trifonic's Emergence album based on WAVs from ccMixter

osullic
permalink   Sun, Aug 9, 2009 @ 2:07 PM
Hi,

Would someone be able to give me a “recipe” for how to reconstruct the songs from Trifonic’s Emergence album, based on all the individual WAV files that I downloaded from http://ccmixter.org/trifonic? I need this for an interactive digital art project I’m doing - I’m not remixing the tracks - I just need the album tracks, but I need the components of each song (bass, kick, music, percussion, etc) as separate WAV files (which will then be played in sync based on how many participants are interacting with the project at any given moment).

Sorry if this is a trivial question, but I’m not familiar really with ccMixter or remixing in general.

Thanks
victor
permalink   Sun, Aug 9, 2009 @ 3:50 PM
It’s not a trivial question, unfortunately I don’t think you’re going to like the answer:

The samples for the album are not strictly the exact stems (tracks) as used on the album. The samples were cut especially for use by remixers by Trifonic - in other words, strictly speaking, the are re-packaging of the original tracks.
osullic
permalink   Tue, Aug 11, 2009 @ 11:55 AM
Thanks for that. I’m sure I’ll still be able to use the Trifonic samples, but at least now I know to change my approach instead of trying to achieve the impossible