Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Free CC MP3 - Highlighting the ccmixter archive one track at a time

Free CC MP3 - Highlighting the ccmixter archive one track at a time

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Sun, May 17, 2009 @ 12:19 PM
Hey everyone! I just started a new blog called “ Free CC MP3”, where i’m going to feature a different track each day from the ccmixter archive.

the nice and easy thing about this (for me anyways) is i can build a backlog of some of my favorite ccmixter tracks from the archive without publishing them, and just publish one a day. no chatter, but i hope to at least feature the artist and source artists a bit in each blog post.

so check it out once in a while, subscribe to the RSS feed, tell your frineds, and better yet, be a “follower” :)

thanks. and as i’m fond of saying…enjoy. :)

narva9
permalink   Mon, May 18, 2009 @ 8:58 PM
Thanks for starting this. Sounds like a great idea. I worked my way through the Ed Pick section for the twitter things and was scratching my head at what I should do next…. I was thinking playlist but this is better…. you wouldn’t mind if I RT you would you?

n9

PS - BTW my hats off to you! You’re dedication is truly inspiring. The Cool Music Show rocks. I listen to it almost every week….now this. I can’t even commit to 140 characters a day. ;-P

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Tue, May 19, 2009 @ 9:16 AM
don’t mind an RT at all.

it’s so easy to set up a blogger account, and so easy to pick one song from the archive to feature each day.

right now, i’ve got a backlog of about 2 weeks worth of remixes set up, and i can just publish a different one each morning with my coffee. :)

it’s what i’d call “not in your face” marketing for the site and the artists, that gives something back (a free mp3) for someone’s attention. i think that’s a good trade.

thanks for the support yvonne!
ghosts4hire
permalink   Mon, May 18, 2009 @ 9:46 PM
Cool I will be checking up on it. Hopefully I’ll make the cut one day :)
Admiral Bob
permalink   Tue, May 19, 2009 @ 10:33 AM
That’s an awesome thing to do. Blogs can do anything, and why not set one up like a more advanced version of a play list, and use it to start dialog, promote really great art, and up the buzz about CCMixter?

I just don’t know how you find time to do it all. :)

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Tue, May 19, 2009 @ 11:03 AM
Quote: admiralbob77That’s an awesome thing to do. Blogs can do anything, and why not set one up like a more advanced version of a play list, and use it to start dialog, promote really great art, and up the buzz about CCMixter?

I just don’t know how you find time to do it all. :)

that’s exactly what i was thinking AB. in fact, i’d love to see more people do this sort of thing, since the mixes i’m highlighting are just one’s i like. i’d love to check out something similar with someone elses tastes that can enlighten me. :)

actually, this little project is really easy to do each day, as long as i can keep a good backlog. and as the mixter continues to grow exponentially, it will be nice to air out the closet.

like taste testing vintage wines from the ccmixter cellar…

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, May 19, 2009 @ 9:11 PM
Love your fab idea — I will follow! I have been singing the praises of ccM everywhere (pun intended, of course) and managed to turn a couple of uninitiated listeners into fans of this fabulous place.

ala N9 — I too am a huge fan of the your Cool Music show and look forward to it everyweek. You are a great curator.

Thanks!

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Tue, May 19, 2009 @ 9:35 PM
thanks!!
ghosts4hire
permalink   Thu, Jun 4, 2009 @ 10:20 PM
Im noticing a trend in the song descriptions, in the last three out of four.
“Now pass me a beer…”
“…a good glass of 18year old scotch.”
and
“Buy me a drink some time.”
hmmmm…..

permalink   spinmeister Fri, Jun 5, 2009 @ 9:29 AM
lol - at least it wasn’t “Now pass me a glass of milk” or “… a good mug of hot cocoa” or “let’s do laté some time.” :-)