Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » layout

layout

turkdirty
permalink   Wed, May 6, 2009 @ 11:56 PM
i forwarded this site to quite a few people, and they were disappointed to find there werent that many acapellas for instance.
now only a week ago i realised that it was set to default as featured??

this i really poor, the default should be set to all, all of my mates were like, there is sod all, they made the same mistake as me
it’s ashame cos a few of them are pretty damn decent and producing and i think more would benefit if you kept the default as “all” not featured
esepcially as there is a sidebar with the featured in it there
victor
permalink   Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 7:34 AM
Could you do me a favor and quantify exactly how many are “quite a few”? This can help me determine how wide a problem this is.

permalink   turkdirty Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 12:05 PM
Quote: fourstonesCould you do me a favor and quantify exactly how many are “quite a few”? This can help me determine how wide a problem this is.

‘bout 5 people, every one has said the same thing. it only came to light when i pointed this out to them and they went.. ah. no wonder why.
basically percentage wise that’s 100%
most people when they get spammed it glance at the acapellas, scroll through and dont find what they want.
so they use the bpm match finder for instance and this just searches with in just featured?
they see 5-6 tunes between 125-129 for instance and go nah, nothin there. (not any reflection on the quality, just not to their taste.)

you already ahve the featured on the right, why not leave it on default @all@ ?

permalink   turkdirty Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
anyways, i dont mind, i know where they are so it’s cool

permalink   victor Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 12:31 PM
Quote: why not leave it on default @all@

How would these producers feel if they listened to a couple of pells and several were truly terrible?

I’m hardly saying that non-featured pells are truly terrible - far from it. But we don’t screen uploads, everything goes “live” immediately - the good, bad and truly terrible.

We have plenty of evidence that once a visitor gets the impression that the quality of music on the site is low, they will not only never come back, they are not likely to, even if encouraged to by a friend. They chalk it up to a matter a taste between them and their friends - as opposed to simply a lousy design aspect of the site, which is a trade-off I can live with.

Presumably, these “‘bout 5” producers you introduced the site to are now educated about the fact that we have over 1,500 pells here and they will be joining up and posting remixes. Hopefully, once they do, they will spend more than a click or two to find out what is really going here.

For starters, we are not a site that emphasizes quantity - we leave that to the commercial sites who’s life depends on the number of “eyes” and therefore pump up the numbers (and features) in order impress advertisers and VC investors. There’s a whole other set of criteria at work here and if your friends aren’t interested in investing a little time in figuring that out, then I’m not sure what the site can do improve their intellectual curiosity - though I’m wide open to suggestions…

permalink   turkdirty Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 4:59 PM
yeah i fully understand it
i mean i love loads of the stuff on this side, like being able to change page with out the track stopping. that’s bloody awesome

and yeah i totally i understand it, quality control etc.

just thought mabe it should be mentioned

permalink   victor Fri, May 8, 2009 @ 11:10 AM
hey, I’m just grateful you like the site and community enough to recommend it to friends and fellow producers. Thanks.