Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » GOOD choice for head of the FCC

GOOD choice for head of the FCC

John Pazdan
permalink   Wed, Jan 14, 2009 @ 6:29 AM
All you apolitical sports fans in ccM land (at least in the USA)..listen up..Obama has nominated Julius Genachowski for head of the FCC..wha does this have to do with ccM?..a little thing about keeping the internet open and free..and Julius is for it. IOW, good news.
victor
permalink   Wed, Jan 14, 2009 @ 1:37 PM
I was wondering about that (and a little worried because the report I saw called him a ‘friend’ of Obama) do we know of any good, objective bio links?

permalink   John Pazdan Thu, Jan 15, 2009 @ 9:52 AM
here

sorry ‘bout that, Victor. He appears to be a good choice, and while my dog Scout would be a better pick than Powell, I am watching this closely. I am getting the ol’ “meet the new boss” angst with some of the appointees, especially Ray LaHood from Peoria. At least we will have a Dem majority on the board HOPEFULLY (fingers crossed) to do battle with the telecom lobbies who tried to pull the worst shit the last 8 (excuse me 30) years. Sen Russ Feingold and Rep Howard Waxman as well, two solid progressives in our corner.
dangerous_objects
permalink   Fri, Jan 23, 2009 @ 5:55 PM

permalink   John Pazdan Sat, Jan 24, 2009 @ 9:22 AM
still no real word..we will have to wait to see. But as a citizen who has gone to a panel or two ON MY OWN DIME in DC to hear various rethuglickins spew TelCom lobbyist provided bullshit, as well as the pleasantries from (oxymoron alert) Clear Channel trying to get an absolute stake, I am relieved at this change.

Now Ray LaHood as Sec of Transportation, THAT worries me. And we can only hope that the former Gov of Iowa isn’t in the Monsanto pockets too deeply…