Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Manage files shows me files thatare not my own

Manage files shows me files thatare not my own

dangerous_objects
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 10:04 PM
Not sure how long this has been the case, since I have not modified my uploads much before (I realised I had spelling mistakes in my tags so wanted to fix that today).

When I click on the “Manage files” link under the “Artists” heading on the left hand side of the website, I get a list of files belonging to a bunch of other people!
Subliminal
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 10:36 PM
The same over here.

I always go to the song itself and use the “Manage files” functionality for that specific song. That one works as intended.

permalink   dangerous_objects Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 10:54 PM
How long has it been going on for you? I haven’t actually tried editing other peoples’ uploads, but it’s worrying if people can do such things

permalink   spinmeister Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 11:12 PM
I’m not sure if you can actually edit other people’s stuff - at least I couldn’t when I tested with a non admin account. It may be just a problem with the listing page.

permalink   victor Sun, Nov 16, 2008 @ 1:13 AM
we have a fair amount of code to prevent the edit forms from coming up, accepting the submit or committng the change in case someone hacks through all the way there. I’m hardly saying it’s bullet proof but we’re not carting around state secrets either.
victor
permalink   Sun, Nov 16, 2008 @ 1:07 AM
it was a bad URL in the menu link I think I introduced yesterday. Awesome reporting guys thanks