Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » New Feature: "Remix Me!"

New Feature: "Remix Me!"

admin
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 6:17 AM
If you are logged in you should see a “Remix Me!” menu item over on the left. (For curious onlookers here is what it looks like.)

Use this feature to embed our new ‘Remix Me’ feature on your site to encourage more and more folks to share share share.

For the geek inclined I documented the entire process of putting this feature together.

Report bugs please!

Peace,
VS
Subliminal
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 6:26 AM
Well, maybe not really a bug, but the list of already available remixes also includes those that were part of a collaboration in which I was involved, but that were not made using any of my samples. I have noticed these entries also in my “Remixes of Subliminal” overview.

Otherwise a very nice feature.

permalink   admin Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 7:08 AM
My first programming job was with a snail mail junk-mail company. They would send the exact same content out there with tiny variations on the envelope and scrupulously monitor the results (we’re talking 20 million letters per mailing).

This is a repackaging of features already floating around just made a little more shiny (‘sparkly’ in the parlance of South Park). The packaging itself is bit of “me too” as explained here.

permalink   Subliminal Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 11:07 AM
Ok, got it. I am going to add it to my blog and my other profiles. Thanks and keep ‘em coming.
spinmeister
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 10:33 AM
very cool new feature!
teru
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 11:28 AM
Awesome.

I tried including this feature in a blog post. For any blog that uses Yahoo’s Media player, an additional play(stream) button shows within the widget.

It’s not a bad thing, I just thought I’d point it out. : )

permalink   admin Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 12:52 PM
the effect is pretty lousy actually, it horks the listing pretty bad…
spinmeister
permalink   Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 1:29 PM
I’m not sure if it’s a bug in the Javascript, a client side configuration issue or a user error:

I’m still trying to figure out how to make the little speaker icon work on a Mac OS X system. It downloads a file called query, and seems to be confused by the absence of an m3u extension on the downloaded file — i.e. if save the file, and then add and m3u extension manually, then it will open and play as expected in iTunes.

In windows it seems to add the m3u file extension automatically.

I’ve tried Safari as well as Firefox 3 on the Mac and both see the file just as “query” without the .m3u extension.

permalink   spinmeister Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 1:39 PM
I just noticed another thing: on a regular page (for example at the end of the internet) ;-) the streaming link seems assembled a bit differently. And there it works like a charm!

permalink   victor Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 2:15 PM
good catch! Yes I regularly forget that the there needs to be an .m3u extension (it totally breaks on all ‘nix desktops without it)

Ok, should be fixed now - of course I have to go run over to the tutorial and fix that lol…

permalink   spinmeister Sat, Nov 15, 2008 @ 4:01 PM
wunderbar!

thanks for fixing that so quickly - works like a charm now!
Kaer Trouz
permalink   Sun, Nov 16, 2008 @ 9:51 AM
coolness!!!!!
Subliminal
permalink   Mon, Nov 17, 2008 @ 11:17 AM
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Is this the intended effect?

When I try to incorporate it in my MI7 or MySpace profiles it doesn’t work at all. It only shows the code and not the feature itself. The same for some of the playlist players. I noticed that all these seem to use javascript. Has that anything to do with it?