Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Favorites from the archive

Favorites from the archive

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Tue, Oct 7, 2008 @ 9:29 PM
So I was just thinking about how many great mixes get buried in the archive, and as the mixter seems to grow exponentially, just get buried even deeper. i think it would be cool to highlight stuff that you really dig and think others (especially new folks coming late to the party) might enjoy as what you’d consider “the best of the mixter”.

i’ll start. i just went back and listened to one of my favorite remixes i’ve featured on the cool music show, ”the anchor mejans band live” by radiotimes. not only does it show off the deliciously mad anchor mejans in a new and different light, the idea and execution by radiotimes i think is so inspired. anyways, it’s one of my all time favorites and if there was such a thumb called “highly recommended”, i’d push it here.
colab
permalink   Wed, Oct 8, 2008 @ 6:14 AM
Good idea. Two tracks I consider to be wildly overlooked gems are:

- Places to know (September)
- Neurz (Ophelia’s song)

Tricky electronic tracks, but greatly rewarding.
radiotimes
permalink   Wed, Oct 8, 2008 @ 6:22 AM
Well that’s very nice of you to pick this. It’s probably the nearest I’m going to get to winning a Grammy so it’s much appreciated!
teru
permalink   Fri, Oct 10, 2008 @ 1:33 AM
The archive keeps surprising me. Like this Blackberry remix of BS from 2006 I missed before. Thanks to J.Lang’s Ed Pick, I went back and found it.

This site is crazy like that. : )
colab
permalink   Wed, Nov 19, 2008 @ 8:19 AM
Alright - here’s another tricky but ultimately very rewarding track.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Dec 5, 2008 @ 8:43 PM