Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » RUNTIME ERROR

RUNTIME ERROR

FORENSIC
permalink   Tue, Aug 19, 2008 @ 5:04 PM
Ok, I dont think this is a problem with the site but more of a problem with my computor… every time I attempt to click on a songs NAME[/url] this error pops up….

MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ RUNTIME LIBRARY

RUNTIME ERROR
R6025
-PURE VIRTUAL FUNCTION CALL

Then the web page closes out.

I can click on artist profiles and there is no problem but anytime I click on the song name itself (to get to the songs profile page) this error pops up.

which is the reason I haven’t left any comments lately.

So if anyone can give me advice that would be great.. thanks

Sol
victor
permalink   Tue, Aug 19, 2008 @ 7:03 PM
ouch.

If you can tell me what operating system (Windows? Mac? which version?) and what browser (Internet Explorer? Firefox? which version?) I can try to reproduce the problem but I’m afraid that’s not a problem a with our web site.

We don’t use the C++ Runtime Library - but your browser does and technically, nothing we do on the site, even if we have a bug, is ever supposed to result in that error. It may also be, even likely, some plugin or toolbar extension you may have installed causing the problem.

I have to say, this is a rather bad error you’re getting and somewhat out of the realm of what we can help with. I can suggest several things from the standard “I don’t have a clue” playbook:

- make sure you are up to date on all patches, updates, Service Packs, etc. for your operating system and browser.

- disable/uninstall all plugins and toolbar extensions

- scan for viruses and other malwares

- turn off everything in your system tray that may be running including virus detection stuff.

- delete your cookies and clear your cache

- even more desperate: if you are using Internet Explorer or Safari try Firefox instead. If you are using Firefox, try one of the other two.

But I have to say these can be somewhat severe and time consuming actions, several of which are hard to reverse if the situation gets worse (which it may quite frankly by mucking with your system).

If you’re on Windows I suggest doing a ‘ System Restore Point’ before attempting any of those.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help with this one…

VS

permalink   FORENSIC Wed, Aug 20, 2008 @ 11:04 AM
Im useing Windows XP and Internet explorer.. I spoke with my IT guy at work and he said I need to re-install my microsoft c++ distributor from the microsoft website… ima try that first and if that dont work ima try some of these sugestions you gave me… Im really bad at updateing my system, I allways say remind me later and then never do it….:/

thanks

permalink   victor Wed, Aug 20, 2008 @ 12:05 PM
If you update to the latest service packs and IE updates that should also include the latest c++ runtime. (emphasis on should)

permalink   FORENSIC Thu, Aug 21, 2008 @ 2:03 AM
hahaha…. this worked… thank you for the help… im back in business….
teru
permalink   Tue, Aug 19, 2008 @ 7:38 PM
I’m no expert but i have seen this before. A couple of non-destructive suggestions:

1. turn off MS Messenger or Live messenger.

2. disable any Nortons products.

Try that out. It worked for me on a friends system.

permalink   FORENSIC Wed, Aug 20, 2008 @ 11:05 AM
ill give it a try

thanks

permalink   AT Wed, Aug 20, 2008 @ 2:20 PM
I get the same message on my work computer all the time–luckily my home is fine. Today I finally clicked on that submit help and got the following response from microsoft. The help page is below.

http://wer.microsoft.com/re...

basically says the same as above–update and delete any add ons that may be running.

Not sure why but it only happens when I view ccM site at least for me anyway.
Not sure the link helps any but might give a bit more info. One little work around I’ve found is right click and open page in new window—for some reason it doesn’t crash-at least not as much!

permalink   FORENSIC Thu, Aug 21, 2008 @ 2:06 AM
i reported the issue and it gave me the same link…. took me to the download I needed… the c++ pack once it was downloaded it worked.. so thanks to both of you