Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Call for Remixes: Shannon Hurley

Call for Remixes: Shannon Hurley

victor
permalink   Mon, Jun 16, 2008 @ 1:49 PM
In case you’ve been living in ccMixter exile, Shannon Hurley has been uploading a cappellas and stems to her album “Ready to Wake.”

Now, you know why: She is doing a “ Call For Remixes” with the intent of releases the best ones on an album later this year.

I think it says something very cool about the status of ccMixter when popular indie, open, singer songwriters who have already established a fan base on the Internet are coming to us to produce their albums. And by “status” I mean the quality of music you have been uploading to the site.

Remember folks, in this world you retain the rights to the remixes you create (in compliance with the BY-NC license of the pells and stems). Just ask some of the other artists that have created albums from ccM remixes like Colin, Lisa, Brad and CalendarGirl .

Ain’t it sane?

Peace,
VS
DJ Rkod
permalink   Mon, Jun 16, 2008 @ 4:43 PM
MP3s. :(

permalink   victor Mon, Jun 16, 2008 @ 5:13 PM
good point - I’ve pinged Shannon, we’ll see if we can set up uncompressed. (Although CG never posted anything but mp3s and we did ok ;) but yea, if they are available we’ll get you wavs.

permalink   DJ Rkod Mon, Jun 16, 2008 @ 6:46 PM
Quote: fourstones… CG never posted anything but mp3s…

I asked and she sent FLACs to me. :)

permalink   victor Mon, Jun 16, 2008 @ 6:53 PM
That’s fine, my point was CG, along with Colin, got 400 remixes based on the MP3s and they managed to pick out the best for their albums notwithstanding.

I’m working with Shannon now, looks like we’ll have uncompressed files at the archive.org that everyone will have access to within a few days.

VS

permalink   DJ Rkod Tue, Jul 1, 2008 @ 9:31 AM
I know I’m being a nag here, but it’s been two weeks now and not a peep about this.

permalink   victor Tue, Jul 1, 2008 @ 1:04 PM
Shannon’s been on the road but we’re working on it.

VS

permalink   shannonsongs Thu, Jul 3, 2008 @ 3:55 PM
I’m back home for a few days.. I will try to post these files now.
I’ll let you know as soon as I do!
gurdonark
permalink   Tue, Jun 17, 2008 @ 9:24 AM
That’s great that Shannon is doing that, and it’s great that she’s made her ‘pellas available to the mixter community. It’s a good thing, all ‘round.
shannonsongs
permalink   Wed, Jun 18, 2008 @ 8:36 PM
I know you all have been waiting for the uncompressed files. I should have those ready for you very soon (or else Fourstone’s going to come after me with a broom).

Thank you for all the incredible remixes so far- they’ve been fantastic!

Just to let you kow, the vibe of the compilation will be more down-tempo and cinematic. I am looking forward to your tunes!

permalink   xlmusicman Wed, Oct 1, 2008 @ 11:36 AM
hi I think this remix of shame has a lovely feel to it
shannonsongs
permalink   Fri, Aug 1, 2008 @ 4:30 PM
I have begun posting larger files for better quality.
The files are up at:

http://www.archive.org/sear...

I will continue to upload all samples on archive.org so keep checking back for more!

permalink   Morr Wed, Oct 1, 2008 @ 4:16 AM
Hi Shannon,

Just to ley u know I have uploaded an attempt at a remix for u.

Part experiment, part creativity, let me know what u think?

REgards & thx
shannonsongs
permalink   Thu, Oct 2, 2008 @ 2:25 PM
Hi folks,
Thank you so much for all your tremendous submissions. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all, I’ve actually been busy writing new material which you KNOW it will go up on ccMixter soon :)
Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know that the tracks for the remix album have been chosen. It certainly was hard, but I picked the ones that had originality, as well as an emotional quality which I felt listeners could connect to (as I have felt connected).

So here are the tracks, in order to appear on the album:

Sunrise (Daphunk Remix)…Daphunk

Where I Stand (Skyline Mix)…Lasswell

We Are In Love (Trip Dub Mix)…Moondub

Matter of Time (Chill Out Remix)…The Extreme

Breaking Down (Celeste Lear Remix)…Celeste Lear

Leaves of Autumn…Sleeperspaceborn

Overboard (DJ_Doughy Remix)…DJ_Doughy

Shame (Dog Mix)….OldDog

Again, thank you ALL for your incredible remixes. I am so inspired by your creativity, and you have all demonstrated that there are no limitations when it comes to art. Please, feel free to keep the remixes going, keep the art going!
Warmly,
Shannon :)
PS the remix album should be complete in December.