Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » New: Playlist exposure and 'Recently Updated'

New: Playlist exposure and 'Recently Updated'

victor
permalink   Fri, Jun 6, 2008 @ 6:08 PM
If you haven’t yet noticed each song’s page now has the number of playlists it is included in. If you click on that link it takes you to the playlists.

I’ve been browsing around this way for the last day or so and it’s been very educational (if I may say so ;))

Each artists’ profile page now also has a new field that displays the number of times that artist has been added to a playlist. Click on that link and it takes you do a break down of which tracks the artist has in playlists (which in turn will take you do the playlists themselves).

There is also an itch-scratcher feature that answers the question: “How will people know when I’ve replaced/added a file??”

The answer is a new tab from ‘Remixes’ called ‘Updated’ which shows a list of the recently updated records on the site. That page displays the record, what the operation they did on the record and list of the files for that record. Of course there is a feed for all updates system wide on that page in the menu in the left so you don’t have to keep checking the page itself.

You can add a short list of these to your left hand menu by clicking on ‘Preferences’ in the Aritst menu and then checking ‘Recent Updates’.

If you want to keep track of just a specific artist (like a collaborator or someone you jack often) then go to that artists’ profile page, click on ‘Feeds and Podcasts’ and there’s a new feed there for updates.

Peace,
VS
DJ Rkod
permalink   Sat, Jun 7, 2008 @ 7:08 AM
This is cool, but I kinda miss having just the “New Remixes” option. The “Recent Updates” list doesn’t seem to include new files at all?

permalink   victor Sat, Jun 7, 2008 @ 8:47 AM
wups, my mistake, didn’t mean to turn that one off, it should there again (and you may have to turn it back on and refresh your browser) sry bout that.

VS