Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » why ccM works..

why ccM works..

John Pazdan
permalink   Wed, May 7, 2008 @ 2:32 PM
A really good thing happened today..a photojournalist used my piece “The Long Goodbye” in a multimedia article that ran in the International Herlad Tribune, as well as the New York Times.

here’s the link to her blog, where you can get the link to the IHT and NYT..the article is about the plea of immigrants in Calais.

I cannot say how happy I am about this happening, especially as the music was used for a just cause.

While I am in plugland..awhile ago Teru posted a request from Rolf Steinort, the man responsible for making the great freeware photoshop killer GIMP..umm..err..intelligible..(unlike my posts..)by doing a fine series of podcasts that serve as the instruction manual the writers forgot (though there is one, it’s just that GIMP is pretty dense and deep..and needs a LOT of explanation). I wrote an original piece, made it modular to use and fit in podcasts (something we could discuss here, or did I miss something..again?)and I am happy to announce the first new ‘cast with my CC licensed original music rolls out next week. yes suh !

And..a few other things that are happening as well, but I don’t want to jinx it.

My good friend Marco Raaphorst as well as Vic, T and G..are in part responsible for this good luck streak, in the sense that through them, I have finally fully come around to getting what the Creative Commons is about. Thanks to the 4 of you for getting the Mighty ccM going, and KEEPING it going through your amazing and steadfast stewardship.