Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Is there a way to give someone a BY link to my songs?

Is there a way to give someone a BY link to my songs?

gurdonark
permalink   Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 3:46 AM
I had a fellow contact me about wanting to use my material in a project.

I’d like to give him a link to those of my ccmixter remixes which are attribution-only.

I’m here to ask if there’s a way in the way the tags and what-not work for me to define such a link so that it shows only
“gurdonark” and “BY” remixes.

Is there a way to do this, so that I can send him a link that shows only my attribution remixes?
teru
permalink   Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 10:31 AM
I think this should work.
victor
permalink   Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 6:19 PM
darn close teru ;)

for remixes tags are combined with commas or plus signs

for samples

for everything

VS

permalink   spinmeister Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 8:56 PM
incredibly cool!

permalink   victor Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 9:23 PM
the full api ;)

permalink   spinmeister Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 9:41 PM
incredible! This makes it possible to build wonderful websites with a particular bent around ccmixter. I may just have to dust off a few html/css/php manuals ;-)

btw - offtopic - I love the playlists, too; still tremendously underused resource - those have tons of potential to involve people who are maybe more music aficionados than music makers. I’d love to see the evolution of playlist makers around here just like singers, players, remixers. You’ve built it, now they just have to come :-)

permalink   victor Wed, Nov 7, 2007 @ 10:22 PM
the next version of ccM (which I’m currently building) there will be a special emphasis on taste makers and the like — which means: now is the time to get those kind of feature ideas to me while it’s still on the drawing board (probably a new thread if you’re so inclined).

VS

permalink   spinmeister Thu, Nov 8, 2007 @ 1:00 AM
I’ll put my thinking cap on …

permalink   eddiebingo Fri, Mar 21, 2008 @ 8:20 PM
so, i’m really diggin’ this publicizing stuff, and i like the fact that i can have stream links in my blog. i was wondering if there’s a way i could just stream stuff from my playlist, that way i don’t get all the a cappellas and whatnot?

permalink   teru Fri, Mar 21, 2008 @ 9:18 PM
The publicize feature has an option of selecting “other people’s remixes of you” which should eliminate all samples and acapellas. I think.

An alternate suggestion for just streaming a playlist is the Easylistener player which you can simply enter the url of the playlist page and copy the code to any web page. No links though.
gurdonark
permalink   Thu, Nov 8, 2007 @ 9:13 AM
Thank you, Teru and Victor, for
setting up the tags for me.

One of these days I must learn the simple and yet elusive rules of how to make best use of ccmixter tags.