Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » New mix odd behaviour

New mix odd behaviour

Loveshadow
permalink   Sat, Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:24 AM
Hate coming into the forum for the first time and posting a problem but I posted a new mix : No gud 4 you.

The mix on my page will not, all the time, provide edit / manage details. Occasionally it does and when i update the update info is not there. All my other mixers have it but not this one .

The reason i was trying to do this update is that the pella does not have a non commercial tab but my mix is non commercial, but there is no option i can find to add this symbol it as it automatically defaulted.

thoughts please
Loveshadow
permalink   Sat, Sep 29, 2007 @ 4:29 AM
by the way if you are looking for it i have unpublished it till i have an answer, thanks.
victor
permalink   Sat, Sep 29, 2007 @ 8:07 AM
Quote: Hate coming into the forum for the first time and posting a problem

that’s what it’s here for

Quote: The mix on my page will not, all the time, provide edit / manage details. Occasionally it does and when i update the update info is not there. All my other mixers have it but not this one .

I want to make sure I understand exactly what you’re (not) seeing:

You see the ‘Edit’ and ‘Manage Files’ etc. you use them, but when submit the form(s) your upload’s information is not updated?

Quote: The reason i was trying to do this update is that the pella does not have a non commercial tab but my mix is non commercial, but there is no option i can find to add this symbol it as it automatically defaulted.

We used to allow people to float back and forth between more/less restrictive licenses but very people understood the implications of having once posted a track under one license, then changing up. So take 2 was to make it so that you could only go from less restrictive to more restrictive (which is what you want to do) but the fact that this operation was one-way confused even more people. So… that leaves us where we are: you “inherit” the most restrictive license from everything sample.

Some folks in your situation have figured out they can make their remix upload more restrictive by mixing in a non-commercial sample ( like)

Others have figured that if you ask the admin real nice we can do it ‘manually’…;) seriously, just say the word.

VS
Loveshadow
permalink   Sat, Sep 29, 2007 @ 9:39 AM
Thanks for coming back so quick. I understand the `mix in’ another license sample. a simple idea and an easy fix.

The odd edit problem was that i would log in see i was logged in , see my full mix page, click on the uploaded mix in question to edit the text and see i was then logged out.

None of the links to edit, manage files ect were there as if i was logged out. I would click back to the main page and see i was still logged in.

So i actually logged out, and re logged on. Sometimes it was the same but a couple of times I Then got the edit / manage file links to appear.

So I tried to update the mix info text, previewed it , saw it there, then updated. The page would go to the succesfull updated text. But When i clicked nothing had changed.

The odd thing about it was that all the other mixes were not affected by the problem.

My thought was that it might be a browser refresh issue. So i tried another and the same thing was happening.
victor
permalink   Sat, Sep 29, 2007 @ 10:07 AM
OK, I’ve now heard about this from a few folks. Let’s call it the “auto-logout” feature ;)

I’m starting to suspect it is IE7 related and that’s a drag because the computer I use to do ccM development refuses to install IE7 so it’s harder to confirm my suspicions.

For now try the following:

delete all cookie information related to ccmixter
clean your browser’s cache
browse to ccmixter.org/media/login

Note that this problem has come up when people get the address wrong

www.ccmixter.org
ccmixter.net

Both of these look like they are working but it causes problems.

I’ll track this one down soon. Thanks for your patience and understanding,
VS
Loveshadow
permalink   Mon, Oct 1, 2007 @ 3:09 AM
Did the above and it seems stable now.

Also switched the windows preference for net properties in control panel, to automatic. Had not had to do this before with other mixes but it all seems to work ok now.

LS