Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » A real 'Remix Radio'

A real 'Remix Radio'

misterC
permalink   Fri, Sep 7, 2007 @ 2:15 PM
I was thinking about the remix radio and how it’s one of the most popular sections of the site… and a thought crossed my mind.

(this may be out of the scope of ccMixter.com, maybe would just be a third party thing?) but have you ever thought about hosting an actual streaming radio show (maybe an hour long every week?) that could maybe either be themed differently every week (weekly genres), or just showcase some of the highly rated remixes of the week, with a live DJ, maybe special guests, chats with remixers, etc?

I’ve had experience DJing on shoutcast radio stations, but I’m no pro radio announcer… just thought it would be fun…what do you think?
teru
permalink   Fri, Sep 7, 2007 @ 5:43 PM

I’d love to help to get something like that off the ground. Here’s my crappy audition . A ccM show on Indieish from April 24, 2005. ; )

*I just listened to the podcast again. Damn I’m a crappy DJ. Be sure to check out Grant’s Best of 2005 show instead for an example of how a good show should sound like. : )

permalink   misterC Fri, Sep 7, 2007 @ 7:19 PM
Quote: teru

I’d love to help to get something like that off the ground. Here’s my crappy audition . A ccM show on Indieish from April 24, 2005. ; )

*I just listened to the podcast again. Damn I’m a crappy DJ. Be sure to check out Grant’s Best of 2005 show instead for an example of how a good show should sound like. : )

Heh - have faith man. I think I suck too… but what the hell do I know? LOL
victor
permalink   Fri, Sep 7, 2007 @ 6:20 PM
CC doesn’t have the server cpu, bandwidth or human to maintain it so that 0 for 3 from this end.

sry.

(and teru’s being too hard, I thought it was a great show)

permalink   misterC Fri, Sep 7, 2007 @ 6:49 PM
Quote: fourstonesCC doesn’t have the server cpu, bandwidth or human to maintain it so that 0 for 3 from this end.

sry.

bummer, it was a thought.

maybe something can be worked out elsewhere… time will tell.
duckett
permalink   Thu, Oct 11, 2007 @ 5:36 AM
I’ve enjoyed the various sites that podcast or link to ccmixter, but I always wanted to see some 3rd party be able to have an artist-of-the-month special, maybe picking some favorite tracks to feature and discuss in-depth.
It’s too bad cc can’t do it, but surely somebody can…