Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Unpublishing...What Does It Mean?

Unpublishing...What Does It Mean?

Songboy3
permalink   Thu, Aug 16, 2007 @ 9:17 PM
Hello!

I’ve had the pleasure of being directed to this AMAZING site by a friend and it’s been nothing short of incredible! Easy to use, friendly folks & AWESOME music! So awesome that I’m sure some of us will be working together in a professional format in the near future. I’ve already been contacted by folks outside of CCMixter because they heard my a cappellas on the site and some of the mixes from those selfsame a cappellas. My question is:
I’ve had the pleasure of amazing people hearing my songs and creating absolutely dope mixes & it got me curious about possibly releasing it for purchase in a public arena. I’ve been reading the FAQ and I didn’t see anything that explained what to ‘Unpublish” a mix or a cappella means and the implications of it terms of the Creative commons license. I hope I’m asking the right question but if not, could someone enlighten me?!? Thank you for any help you can provide!
teru
permalink   Thu, Aug 16, 2007 @ 10:35 PM
Hey SB3!

Although it sounds like it, unpublish doesn’t directly apply to the license. It’s more of a “hide” feature you can use so files are only seen by you. I hope that answers your question.

If you’re looking for more info on the licenses the best place to go is of course the Creative Commons site. They even have movies and comics which helped me alot.

P.S. - the pleasure is ours. : )
victor
permalink   Thu, Aug 16, 2007 @ 10:48 PM
Also, it may help you to know that the license you chose means that you keep ALL commercial rights for your songs and performances. that is: there is no conflict in posting your a cappellas here while at the same time making them or mixes of them commercially or professionally available through a label or iTunes or whatever.

People do it everyday. In fact there are successful ‘open’ labels that post music on the web for sharing and remixing and make the albums available for purchase and licensing.

Does that help?
Songboy3
permalink   Fri, Aug 17, 2007 @ 8:43 AM
You both have helped me tremendously & answered every single one of my questions. Teru, fourstones - Thank you! I’m definitely taking a trip to the Creative Commons site. The more info, the better! EZ…