Beauty of Perspective Event
skip

Reviews for "Endless Summer"

Endless Summer
by robwalkerpoet
Recommends (20)
Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 10:42 PM

Uses samples from:

Samples are used in:

 
texasradiofish
.
permalink   Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 11:19 PM
Good vision of the childhood beach experience.
Still don’t like the stink of lotion on lots of mostly naked folks in crowded area.
 
.
permalink   robwalkerpoet Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 1:09 AM
Quote: texasradiofishGood vision of the childhood beach experience.
Still don’t like the stink of lotion on lots of mostly naked folks in crowded area.
 
.
permalink   robwalkerpoet Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 1:10 AM
Quote: texasradiofishGood vision of the childhood beach experience.
Still don’t like the stink of lotion on lots of mostly naked folks in crowded area.


Thanks Texasradiofish!
spinningmerkaba
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 12:25 AM
Thanks for reminding me of my own memories of riding my bike down to the lake as a kid. your spoken word works well over the acoustic guitar, setting a tone for reminiscing.
 
.
permalink   robwalkerpoet Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 1:12 AM
Quote: spinningmerkabaThanks for reminding me of my own memories of riding my bike down to the lake as a kid. your spoken word works well over the acoustic guitar, setting a tone for reminiscing. Thanks spinningmerkaba. I wanted to work with the feeling of the acoustic vibe rather than overpower it.I hope I’ve done that.
debbizo
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 12:46 AM
It’s lovely Rob!
 
.
permalink   robwalkerpoet Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 1:14 AM
Quote: debbizoIt’s lovely Rob!
Thanks Deb. The music was the inspiration!
AIR_LOMEG
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 2:40 AM
Indeed, a great match! Wonderful!
Mana Junkie
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 6:15 AM
Endless Summer. But unlike a Beach Boys song this one strikes home to what summer is truly is than what is romantize in a Beach Boys song. ;) This is rather cool!
J.Lang
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 6:35 AM
Like Mana said… “this is rather cool”
Brings back tons of memories. Thanks for the smile.
SackJo22
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
Lovely. Evocative. As gentle as a memory itself. And remarkably universal — your Australian beach memories could easily be my Santa Monica beach memories.
Snowflake
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 12:20 PM
picturesque. you’ve lifted me out of time. your backing vocals are a strong addition. very lovely mix. congrats on your first secret mixter and thanks for your genuinely beautiful contribution. your last line made me weep.
Admiral Bob
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 7:41 PM
When I think of summer as a boy, I think of it just like this. Thanks to both you and Clarence for bringing me back to the beach of oh so long ago. Its good to be there again. :)

I love how Mixters use their special gifts to make their remixes their own. :)
Clarence Simpson
.
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 10:24 PM
Very nice! The beach sounds are a great touch that really sell the atmosphere.

I also noticed the subtle little backing vocal parts you added about 2/3 of the way through the song. It sounds like you’ve got a good grasp of vocal harmonies because those parts sounded perfect! Maybe robwalkerpoet should upload some stuff as robwalkersinger. :)
 
.
permalink   robwalkerpoet Mon, Jul 4, 2011 @ 12:19 AM
Quote: Clarence SimpsonVery nice! The beach sounds are a great touch that really sell the atmosphere.

I also noticed the subtle little backing vocal parts you added about 2/3 of the way through the song. It sounds like you’ve got a good grasp of vocal harmonies because those parts sounded perfect! Maybe robwalkerpoet should upload some stuff as robwalkersinger. :)



Ha! I don’t really regard myself as a singer (that’s why it’s tucked away in the background!)Thanks for the review, Clarence. I really hoped that I could do justice to your beautiful music - so your kind comments are much appreciated.
MC Jack in the Box
.
permalink   Mon, Jul 4, 2011 @ 12:03 PM
Yeah, I dig this. You should upload your spoken word track as a pella.
Kara Square
.
permalink   Mon, Jul 4, 2011 @ 1:06 PM
Simply beautiful. I love that you kept this simple… and that you used Clarence’s guitar as the inspiration. Lovely. The singing part was a wonderful surprise. Your voice was perfectly tender.