Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » searchable tag for song KEY on the upload page

searchable tag for song KEY on the upload page

texasradiofish
permalink   Mon, Nov 7, 2016 @ 2:55 PM
Remix “Like” review conversation between TRF and Gregglectic that I thought was worthy of input to the possible feature pile. As a reference, check out Looperman.com searchable tags for audio files. Just because authors may not know the key or get it wrong should not negate the usefulness when folks get it right.

TRF: Like it, G

Especially like that you provided text with your chords integrated with with lyrics. Very professional. Would like to see more diligence like this here at ccmixter. Bravo!

Gregglectic: Really? I used to think it’s against a sort of etiquette in Ccmixter.
Thank you!

TRF: Etiquette, schmetiquette

I’d settle for contributors providing a searchable tags noting the key.

Some of the contributors, especially Snowflake, often provide chord information.

For a musical ear challenged person like myself, it is good for skill development to know next to zero about an audio file and then successfully work with it. This approach may also results in a greater quantity of unique interpretations. However, if time is valuable and scarce resource, the more information about the subject matter from the author the better.
Subliminal
permalink   Mon, Nov 7, 2016 @ 8:24 PM
+1 for searchable song key. Especially in those cases where the samples are of such a nature that makes them hard to pitch-shift.

Peronally I am not that interested in chords (although they might tell you something about the key ;-) ), because I would probably try to come up with a chord progression of my own. But the more info the merrier.