Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Dreaming of Perfect music

Dreaming of Perfect music

Vidian
permalink   Fri, Oct 7, 2011 @ 1:06 PM
The last few nights I’ve had 2 separate dreams where I’m mixing the best music, in my dreams it sounds so good, and then I wake up and I’m like.. what the hell, I was so happy when I thought it was real. Does anyone else dream mix?
timberman
permalink   Sat, Oct 8, 2011 @ 2:55 AM
No, but I recently dreamed I was on my way to a ccmixter convention in San Francisco, but I only got to Paris where I was supposed to change planes because I had forgotten to apply for a US visa. A very angry French woman refused to let me on the plane. I was so upset I woke up.

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Oct 8, 2011 @ 5:46 PM
Too bad you didn’t make it to the convention.

permalink   septahelix Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 12:35 PM
do they have ccmixter conventions? if so, are they mainly in California?

permalink   timberman Sun, Oct 9, 2011 @ 1:06 PM
To my knowledge there’s never been a ccm convention. In my dream this was the first one. All the regulars were coming. I was looking so much forward to meeting everyone in real life. Ccm even paid for my air ticket. But I missed the party:)

permalink   Clarence Simpson Tue, Oct 11, 2011 @ 10:56 AM
Well, there’s never been a real convention anyway…

http://ccmixter.org/playlis...

permalink   timberman Tue, Oct 11, 2011 @ 11:11 AM
Yeah, I know. It’s brilliant all of it.

permalink   Vidian Mon, Oct 10, 2011 @ 11:17 AM
That’s weird, I’ve had dreams where I couldn’t get into another country because I didn’t have a Visa :D

CC Conventions would be awesome :D

permalink   timberman Mon, Oct 10, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
What a coincidence. Dreaming of visa-problems, I mean.

Yes, a ccm convention would be awesome.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Thu, Oct 20, 2011 @ 5:55 AM
OK, this is weird. Now I’m having dreams of CCMixter conventions. I honestly did!

This one definitely had some weird Jungian things going on. snowflake and spinningmerkaba had a dog that was the size of a mole or a mouse.

Sadly, there was no jamming or music made at this convention. Just a garage sale…?

permalink   timberman Thu, Oct 20, 2011 @ 7:41 AM
Hmmmm…that’s interesting. I don’t know much about dream interpretation but that doesn’t stop me from offering some wise guidance.
Do you think the garage sale possibly could be a metaphor related to a disappointment over the decline in quality att ccm?

Just kiddin’