Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Horrible bout of remix block - when is the next secret mixter?!

Horrible bout of remix block - when is the next secret mixter?!

vo1k1
permalink   Mon, Feb 15, 2010 @ 4:02 PM
When is the next secret mixter?! I’ve a horrible bout of remix block, and know that an assignment will break it down!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Feb 16, 2010 @ 9:15 AM
I’m feelin’ it too volk1…not remix block…just love the whole secret mixter thang.

Anybody else feelin’ it?
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Feb 19, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
Yes, I’m hoping a Secret Mixter will knock me out of a musical funk I seem to be stuck in. What a joy to be part of a community that can help cure writer’s block! :)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Feb 17, 2010 @ 1:38 PM
The scouts have returned with a report…if you look just over the horizon…over the hills and not too far away…there is the encampment of the next secret mixter. If we sneak up on it we’ll catch it by surprise. So get ready…with your finger hovering over the record button. Who knows who’ll you’ll get, and who will get you!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Feb 21, 2010 @ 12:31 AM
Sign-up process is initiated! In two weeks time your secret remix assignments will be sent out—and then the March Mixter Madness begins!

Sign-up here

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Feb 21, 2010 @ 6:00 AM
How long will we have? I’m out of town on March 7, and get home a day later. I want to do a good job, and losing a day would be bad if the turnaround time is supposed to be tight…

permalink   Subliminal Sun, Feb 21, 2010 @ 8:54 AM
I am not away, not even for a day, but I am pretty slow at remixing, so I too am curious about how long we have.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Feb 21, 2010 @ 9:34 AM
Once assignments go out, you have two weeks. (Assignments go out March 7. Upload date is March 21).

permalink   Subliminal Sun, Feb 21, 2010 @ 9:34 AM
And here is the answer to our question. Two weeks. Very reasonable, but a bit too short for a slacker like me. ;-) I will be looking forward to the results.

edit: You beat me to it. I should learn to type more quickly.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Feb 21, 2010 @ 9:40 AM
If you change your mind, I for one would love to have you join the party!

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Feb 26, 2010 @ 10:46 AM
Quote: SubliminalTwo weeks. Very reasonable, but a bit too short for a slacker like me. ;-)

i thought the same as you (two weeks being too short) the first time i signed up for the Secret Mixter last year. i’d never remixed, only done pellas and stems. but a few folks coerced me, and well, i was surprised at the results. you are a much better producer than me…..and I think you could knock the socks off us all :)