Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Going into the studio soon. Requests for drum parts now being taken!

Going into the studio soon. Requests for drum parts now being taken!

billraydrums
permalink   Fri, Nov 13, 2009 @ 3:49 AM
So um….hey. If’n you have something you want played, I’ll see what I can do for ya.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   billraydrums Sun, Nov 15, 2009 @ 4:19 AM
Quote: colabSo um….hey. If’n you have something you want played, I’ll see what I can do for ya.
That’s a very fine offer.

It would be great to have something heavily syncopated with hits between the beats, so to speak.

I’ve got several recording endeavors planned. Of course, when I go in to said endeavors, I have nothing planned. That’s part of the magic. Whatever happens, happens. I don’t try to force anything. If I don’t get a specific thing of one date, I’ll nail it on a later date.

I’ve taken each of your suggestions and added them to my iCal’s “To Do” bar. That way I’ll have those ideas fresh on the brain when I look at my calendar that I’m trying to resuscitate as of late. (Recession Blues)….

Well OK!

Perhaps a beat in 5/4 or 7/8?
gurdonark
permalink   Fri, Nov 13, 2009 @ 12:23 PM
Very kind of you.

A sample pack of little wave files of all the various percussion accessories being hit a time or two would be great, for those of us who like to sample percussion into synthesizers rather than use it for loops. All your stuff is very good, and we all appreciate that you upload what you do.

permalink   billraydrums Sun, Nov 15, 2009 @ 4:21 AM
Quote: GurdonarkVery kind of you.

A sample pack of little wave files of all the various percussion accessories being hit a time or two would be great, for those of us who like to sample percussion into synthesizers rather than use it for loops. All your stuff is very good, and we all appreciate that you upload what you do.

I just got you down for individual sounds, as well as some “figures”, scatting about the drums. 2 and 4 beat breaks. Huzzah!
John Pazdan
permalink   Sat, Nov 14, 2009 @ 7:58 AM
more hot! house!! beatzz!!!

“seriously” though..A way large fatback Bernard Purdie hihat off beat fahnk loop, recorded with a 57 next to a platter of 18” hats..

Pssssssss..sttt.(repeat)

permalink   billraydrums Sun, Nov 15, 2009 @ 4:23 AM
Quote: John Pazdanmore hot! house!! beatzz!!!

“seriously” though..A way large fatback Bernard Purdie hihat off beat fahnk loop, recorded with a 57 next to a platter of 18” hats..

Pssssssss..sttt.(repeat)

You will receive some swampy molasses grooves. Have you heard this one?

http://ccmixter.org/files/B...

You can hear all the 1’s and 5’s rattling in the wallet taped to the snare drum. :D