Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Help us get the ccmixter Podcast Channel listed on iTunes!

Help us get the ccmixter Podcast Channel listed on iTunes!

MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 4:29 PM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to appeal to the greater ccmixter community at large to help us get the ccmixter Podcast Channel listed on iTunes, which would help us gain even more exposure for not only the podcasts but the fine artists of ccmixter, whose music makes up these podcasts.

There are a number of people working hard behind the scenes to make this podcast idea successful, and Victor has tried (albeit without much success) to get iTunes to pick up the podcast and list it in their store with other free offerings.

I feel it’s time to try engaging a more grass roots effort to put pressure on the iTunes “decision makers” to give the people what they want.

How can I help?

It’s actually simple. It takes about a minute of your time.

First, go to this link

fill out the basic info in the fields so they know you are a real person with a real opinion and not a bot. In the “request type” pull down menu, choose “request a podcast” from the pull down menu options.

2 new fields will appear. In the field “Podcast Name”, type ccmixter Podcast Channel. In the field Podcast URL, type the following URL:

http://ccmixter.org/view/me...

(don’t paste the truncated version listed here. you may need to open the link and copy and paste the full URL)

In the “comments” field, please copy and paste the following text:

Please add the ccmixter Podcast Channel to the Apple itunes store. You can find it at www.ccmixter.org. Thanks for the consideration”.

or you could add your own text as well.

then click “send feedback”

that’s it. you’re done. and you’ll be doing your small part in helping us bring more attention to the ccmixter podcast channel, highlighting not just my show but SackJo22’s new show, and other new shows to come.

Thanks for supporting the Cool Music show this past year. And thanks for taking a couple minutes to try to make all the hard work that Victor and I (and others) do successful for the good of the community.
essesq
permalink   Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 5:03 PM
Done. Just make sure you copy the URL before you navigate to iTunes, otherwise you’ll lose all the data you entered. That’s why it took me longer than the advertised one minute :-).

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 5:08 PM
good idea! unfortunately, I can’t get the full URL to appear in the post above.

and thanks!
radiotimes
permalink   Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 6:06 PM
Great idea!

Sent the request today.
DoKashiteru
permalink   Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 6:37 PM
Done and done. Fantastic idea!
gurdonark
permalink   Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 7:10 PM
It’s not many days that I do anything connected with iTunes,but for this show,on this day, I made an exception. Hope it gets picked up!

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Wed, Jul 8, 2009 @ 8:18 PM
that’s the spirit! thanks everyone!
maajonic
permalink   Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 1:52 AM
Done :)
Kind Robot
permalink   Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 2:06 AM
and done. Best of luck, I’ll be listening. It really is faster than a minute if you use tabs and right-click copy link location.

permalink   Subliminal Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 8:27 AM
Exactly. Unfortunately I had to lie about the iTunes version I am using, so I might go to hell for that. ;-) Ah well, it’s for a good cause.
unreal_dm
permalink   Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 5:06 AM
OK Done
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 7:05 AM
Done. And I am pleased to report from the ranks, that the word is also being circulated on Facebook through several sources. Let’s get it on!

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 8:33 AM
yay! thanks again everyone. power in numbers! critical mass!
timberman
permalink   Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 1:07 PM
Done!
FORENSIC
permalink   Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 5:49 PM
Done diggity…

permalink   MC Jack in the Box Thu, Jul 9, 2009 @ 5:59 PM
sahweeeeeet!

ok, i’m starting to feel like george bailey at the end of “it’s a wonderful life” when uncle billy rushes in with a basket of money and dumps it out on the table.

fame is nice (but fleeting) but there’s no substitute for the support of your friends.

thanks everyone!
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Jul 10, 2009 @ 5:37 PM
victor tweeted…..

“ccMixter podcast accepted by iTunes store - details to follow”

:)

thanks everyone!

permalink   essesq Fri, Jul 10, 2009 @ 8:40 PM
Now watch the aging parents’ street cred grow with their know-it-all teenage children :-). Or the cringe factor :-).
wellman
permalink   Sun, Jul 26, 2009 @ 7:00 AM
Done!!! Is good to know the podcast is already accepted! Congratulations to all of us!