Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Notifications on my favorite pieces

Notifications on my favorite pieces

aliteralmind
permalink   Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 4:57 AM
I wish I could keep track of my favorite pieces. In particular, I want to be notified of a new primary download—the one you hear when you click on the speaker icon.

This could benefit us artists too, who…oh I don’t know…posted a pretty bad sounding remix, and then days later, after so many people have already listened, posted a pretty good one.

Perhaps there could be user-based settings like
—Send me an email when a song I’ve recommended gets a new primary download.
——I would like to receive these emails
…….( ) immediately
…….(x) daily in a digest
…….( ) weekly in a digest
—Send me an email when a song I’ve reviewed gets a new primary download.
——I would like to receive these emails
…….( ) immediately
…….(x) daily in a digest
…….( ) weekly in a digest

…with a way to override individual songs (?), to prevent, for example, getting emails from artists who go crazy uploading.

(There is a suggestion in this forum about tracking/being-notified-about favorite artists. I don’t think this feature suggestion is a redundant one though.)

Anyway, thanks for considering.
aliteralmind
permalink   Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 10:21 AM
Quote: aliteralmindPerhaps there could be user-based settings like…
Actually implementing a special flag onto a single playlist, the “songs to notify me about” playlist, feels more intuitive.

By default, if any notifications on favorite songs are desired, there would be a “[username] Favorites” playlist created.

Obviously the user has complete control of which songs are in it, and can eliminate any on a whim.
spinmeister
permalink   Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
Quote: aliteralmind… posted a pretty bad sounding remix, and then days later, after so many people have already listened, posted a pretty good one.mmmhhh… From a listener’s perspective, who is rather pressed for time these days, I’d rather not have anything which encourages “work in progress” uploads. I’d rather have uploaders “put their best mix forward” before I spend my time listening, recommending and commenting.

Exceptions prove the rule. :-)

permalink   victor Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 1:28 PM
yea, I have to say that I agree with spin - this isn’t a sandbox.

permalink   aliteralmind Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 2:06 PM
Quote: fourstonesyea, I have to say that I agree with spin - this isn’t a sandbox.
Point taken. Thanks for responding, both of you.
*** Topic deleted by author ***

permalink   victor Mon, May 4, 2009 @ 7:38 AM
for those that are comforted by a moderate tone…

I prefer a balance between what is possible and the collective agreement about what happens here.

example: We don’t moderate tracks before they are uploaded because we wanted to give users the immediacy of ready access to their uploads. That does not mean we encourage people to upload the latest Madonna album or even a creative remix of her.

The functionality that allows people to replace files does not mean we encourage folks to upload the first, crappy draft of every thought that comes into their heads.

I think one of the reasons this community works as well as it does is because we encourage each other to post our best work. We (read: I) don’t always live up to that, but that what goals are for.