Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Pandora feed for ccMixter?

Pandora feed for ccMixter?

Ewan Grantham
permalink   Thu, Aug 14, 2008 @ 5:50 PM
Is there any way y’all could work with the folks at Pandora to supply them with the wonderful music on here? I would love to have some of the great independent artists on here available as part of my “radio station” I listen to at work. It’s hard to go through all the wonderful music on here, and then I have to remember to bookmark the ones I like, and then… where Pandora would take care of that for me.

Just a listener’s two cents…
teru
permalink   Thu, Aug 14, 2008 @ 6:16 PM
I don’t know if you know this but Pandora isn’t available to anyone outside of the US. Unfortunately this means many of us here (myself included) are IP blocked and can’t even listen to music there let alone contribute music. : (

*as far as I know, I could be mistaken.

permalink   Ewan Grantham Sat, Aug 16, 2008 @ 6:43 AM
Well, there are ways to use proxies, but I hesitate to discuss that… :-)

Is there another similar service, preferably one that ccmixter works with, that isn’t IP blocked?

permalink   teru Sat, Aug 16, 2008 @ 12:39 PM
I don’t know of any. Maybe someone else here may know.

Thank you for the suggestion. : )

permalink   zotz Tue, Aug 19, 2008 @ 3:10 PM
Quote: EwanGWell, there are ways to use proxies, but I hesitate to discuss that… :-)

Is there another similar service, preferably one that ccmixter works with, that isn’t IP blocked?

I have not used pandora, but have you run into irate radio?

irate Radio

Magnatune on iRATE radio

drew

permalink   teru Thu, Aug 21, 2008 @ 10:31 AM
One more. Songbird just entered Beta.
victor
permalink   Sun, Aug 17, 2008 @ 8:39 PM
seems it’s close to the end over there.

permalink   gurdonark Mon, Aug 18, 2008 @ 5:23 PM
It would be so cool if someone would take the Pandora genome engine and apply it to the broad universe of CC.

permalink   spinmeister Tue, Aug 19, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
has anyone here ever played with OWL music search? It almost seems to want to head down that path.
Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Fri, Aug 22, 2008 @ 9:37 PM
Pandora has been one of my favorite music discovery places for the past couple years. I have a whole radio station of “orbish” tracks that I created by hours of thumbs upping and downing tracks. I will truly be sad if it goes. And I do think CC music could have a place there (no fees for them to pay as long as they show the artist name for CC-By and By-NC tracks :).