Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » How high can you count?

How high can you count?

Doghouse Riley
permalink   Thu, Jun 26, 2008 @ 2:05 PM
Pardon ol moi if this here can already be done or there’s a reason why it ain’t but how come we don’t have a thang on either the uploads page or the individual song page that shows the number of times yor ol magnum opus has actually been listened to? It would have ta count fer nothin else Loveshadow and me would wear out our thumbs tryin to out play one another. But for those who’d seriously like ta know just how much their stuff actually gets listened to it would be great. Now I dont wanna mention any other (realworld) sites or nothin that does got a play counter but seems like it’d be easy to implement. Or would it?
Doghouse Riley
permalink   Thu, Jun 26, 2008 @ 2:08 PM
You know Doghouse, that there’s one…no…two hecks of an idea, did you come up with that all by yorself? I did, Doghouse. Wail, as per usual, you are ta be congratulated fer thankin a others well bein so often and tryin ta make a better world and a new tomorrow fer everbody. Now don’t go makin me all trembly lipped, Doghouse. OK, I won’t. Or will I?
victor
permalink   Thu, Jun 26, 2008 @ 3:44 PM
discussed here. we’re still using the ‘direct link’ method and it’s served us well for things like mp3 search engines for open music. So most other sites that do download/streaming counts can do so because they are stingy about who gets to download the thing. I’ll take another look at this one but I only want to do it if we can (at least semi-)accurately include plays from other sites because it the multipliers (like podcasts and videos) that really spread the music around the web.

permalink   turkdirty Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 2:09 AM
Quote: fourstonesdiscussed here. we’re still using the ‘direct link’ method and it’s served us well for things like mp3 search engines for open music. So most other sites that do download/streaming counts can do so because they are stingy about who gets to download the thing. I’ll take another look at this one but I only want to do it if we can (at least semi-)accurately include plays from other sites because it the multipliers (like podcasts and videos) that really spread the music around the web.

it breeds mass spamming mind