Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Minor peeve

Minor peeve

duckett
permalink   Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 3:10 PM
I don’t mean to be a pain, but is there any way to indicate added files, before clicking the “download” button? Some indication of “more than just the one file available” might be helpful when initially perusing a remix page, it’s not immediately apparent (shrug)
teru
permalink   Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 4:03 PM
I think I’ve got serious avatar envy. ;)

Seriously though, I think a “multiple_sources” tag would be really cool.

permalink   duckett Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 4:22 PM
(smiles, shakes head, shrugs) I never realized people would like “the dancing duck” so much!
Thanks for the prompt response, I wouldn’t have mentioned it, but both me and others seem to be having some “huh?” moments ;-)
spinmeister
permalink   Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 5:30 PM
I agree with both of you:

- it would be nice to see that there are more goodies than just the main file

- the dancing duck is one of the coolest avatars on the site - brings back memories of 1976 :-)

permalink   duckett Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 6:40 PM
without even clicking, let me guess- Rick Dees and “Disco Duck”?
“WAAUGH!” (calm down, Howard- I’m sure the nice Mr. Spinmeister isn’t holding your 80’s movie against you.)
Get Down, America! Howard ‘08
;-)

permalink   spinmeister Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 9:03 AM
of course! :-)
victor
permalink   Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 7:31 PM
pixels are at a premium in the listing but I managed to squeeze in an ‘s’ at the end of ‘download’ for cases with multiple files.

Hover over the link to see how many.

Sorry best I could on short notice ;)

a tag is further down the road but the ‘archive’ and ‘zip’ tags are pretty good indicators.

permalink   duckett Wed, Mar 19, 2008 @ 7:52 PM
(whining) But, but, but… come onnnnnn! We want everything, right now! Why doesn’t ccMixter relieve my lower-back pain, file my taxes, and keep telemarketers away? Geez, you’d think there were more important things in life for people to worry about, or something…
;-)

permalink   victor Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 11:13 AM
(shaking fist on the lawn…)

permalink   duckett Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 2:47 PM
LOL
I sense a future remix title here…
Thx for making ccMixter what it is!

permalink   spinmeister Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 9:05 AM
great little trick! thanks! One of these days you’ll have to write a “ccMixter for Dummies” book :-)

permalink   victor Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 11:14 AM
actually, I just added it in (a paltry) response to this thread.

permalink   spinmeister Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 2:26 PM
you are too modest. What other website ever reacts that quickly to its user’s requests? I can’t think of any.

Maybe the book you should really write is “writing and managing a great community web site for dummies”! Many other sites could learn from you.

thanks again!