Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » where is the bpm listed?

where is the bpm listed?

sunbyrn
permalink   Fri, May 6, 2005 @ 8:08 PM
I’ve been trying to locate where I can make changes so that people can see my BPMs for my song uploads. Each time I upload a song, I type in the bpms in the box and I expect to see the BPMs listed on the song’s page, but I never do, AND I do see that some poeple’s pages DO show the song’s BPMs, so I figure I am not looking in the right place, OR something else is wrong. How do I show my bpms on my song’s pages?
victor
permalink   Fri, May 6, 2005 @ 8:37 PM
I see it just fine here:

http://ccmixter.org/file/su...

What may be confusing is that song details change depending on context (front page vs review vs artists’ page vs song’s page). You’re probably looking on your artist page, not the individual song page.

Sorry for the confusion, we’re schedules for a relatively major review of the user interface on the site in a few weeks and we’ll definitely address the inconsistancies.

fwiw, the ‘Search’ menu option has bpm searches enabled.

Peace,
Victor
sunbyrn
permalink   Fri, May 6, 2005 @ 8:49 PM
Thanks Vic. I now see that I have not been clicking on the song TITLE, which is what I need to do in order to see the bpms listed.

One other thing. I also see that artists have the option of having two names or titles listed on the top of their page. For instance, Beat Gorilla’s full title name at the top of his page says Pat Chilla the Beat Gorilla, but under that he just has Beat Gorilla. How does this option work?
victor
permalink   Fri, May 6, 2005 @ 9:01 PM
yup there two identifications in the system:

one is your login name (mine is victor) it’s the one the system uses for logging in and your artist page URL. You only have one shot at picking this and this is when your registered. After that there is no turning back.

The other is your ‘artist name’ (mine is fourstones.net) — we don’t actually know or care about this one so you can make it whatever you like any time you like. If you change in your profile all references to it throughout the system will change auto-magically.

Hope this helps,
Victor
sunbyrn
permalink   Fri, May 6, 2005 @ 9:31 PM
As always, you have been extremely helpful and PROMPT if I may say so myself…
or maybe you live on the computer like me and are never very far away from it…lol