Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » DJ Vadim Remix Contest

DJ Vadim Remix Contest

victor
permalink   Thu, Mar 15, 2007 @ 11:40 AM
When Ben from BBE Music got in touch with us and asked if we would be interested in a DJ Vadim remix contest we thought about it … er, for about a half a millisecond!

soooo… we are proud, excited and generally freakin psyched to announce the DJ Vadim “Kill Kill Kill” “Talk to Me” remix contest! details here
FGrn Grn
permalink   Thu, Mar 15, 2007 @ 2:12 PM
This is so GREAT. Pells are wikid
ishfaq
permalink   Mon, Mar 26, 2007 @ 6:59 AM
Yeah, well up for this. Just a question though - why don’t we get her sung vocals as well as the whispery bits? She’s my favourite part of the tune so I was gonna use that the most. Or am I missing it somewhere in another pack to download?

permalink   cdk Mon, Mar 26, 2007 @ 9:16 AM
i’m pretty sure itt’s there somewhere…

permalink   victor Mon, Mar 26, 2007 @ 11:38 AM
that’s all I got

permalink   admin Sat, Mar 31, 2007 @ 12:59 PM
UPDATE: GOT ‘EM
Puzzel
permalink   Tue, Mar 27, 2007 @ 8:57 AM
How to submit a remix. There is “Do NOT use this form to submit a DJ Vadim contest entry.” but there is no other way. Tnx for reply

permalink   victor Tue, Mar 27, 2007 @ 1:17 PM
from the rules:

“Entry Period: The Contest’s audio elements will go online at 9:00 a.m. PT on March 15, 2007. You may enter the Contest by uploading your remixes to http://ccmixter.org from 12:00 a.m. PT on March 28, 2007 until…[edit]”

permalink   Puzzel Tue, Mar 27, 2007 @ 1:56 PM
Ohhh i missed it, i thought it started earlier. Tnx man
TheSADdj
permalink   Mon, Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:06 AM
hi guys! i’m new in the mixter… happy to be here with you all..
i’ve got a stupid question about vadim contest..
i’ve submitted my remix, but in Entries page all the other remix got something like “I sampled this”. what it is? because i don’t got it…i only got “uses samples from” it’s my submission correct?
probably i missed something..
thank u!

permalink   TheSADdj Mon, Apr 16, 2007 @ 10:37 AM
ok i think i’ve understood on my own..
it’s only if i want to use the other remixes..right?
uhuh..

permalink   ASHWAN Mon, Apr 16, 2007 @ 6:15 PM
your remix is in the contest…look in the tags ‘contest entry’. that other box ‘i sampled this’ is to link to any work that has taken samples FROM YOUR version.
good luck with it.
peace.

permalink   TheSADdj Tue, Apr 17, 2007 @ 3:10 AM
thank u man.. i’ve heard your remixes. great. good luck to you too!
peace..
ishfaq
permalink   Wed, Apr 18, 2007 @ 4:45 AM
What date and time’s the contest end in Greenwich Meantime (as in 0, no + or - anything)? I don’t know all these PT CT and UTC time zones!

permalink   ishfaq Wed, Apr 18, 2007 @ 4:59 AM
From the time stamp on my last comment, I presume it’s 4am on the 19th? Assuming you’re on PT time here?

permalink   teru Wed, Apr 18, 2007 @ 12:20 PM
18th today actually. The Contest ends tomorrow at 11PM CT.

I don’t know if it would help but here

permalink   BEATchild Wed, Apr 18, 2007 @ 4:15 PM
Quote: teru18th today actually. The Contest ends tomorrow at 11PM CT.

I don’t know if it would help but here

The uploading ends today (18th) at 9PM P.T. Read the detailed rules about that.

permalink   teru Wed, Apr 18, 2007 @ 4:32 PM
Yeah BEATchild, you’re right. Thanx.

permalink   victor Wed, Apr 18, 2007 @ 4:46 PM
looks like we screwed up because half the dates say the 18th and the other half say the 19th (like the contest home page and the first date in the rules).

I’m going to get a clear reading on this but I think it means we have to keep it open until tomorrow (the 19th)

VS
misztsz
permalink   Sun, Apr 22, 2007 @ 3:03 AM
I couldn’t upload my remix, because there was some kind of a problem with the site. Than the contest was extended, but still, the site wasn’t working. Now I don’t know if I di upload my remix in time.

permalink   victor Sun, Apr 22, 2007 @ 5:13 AM
We had 13 hours of downtime and even though according to the rules we are not responsible for technical issues the deadline was extended 48 hours (actually it was extended 24 before that but I’ll be generous and pretend like it was only 48 hours, not 72). I put a monitor on the site that pinged every 10 minutes to make sure and there was 100% response for the 48 hours extension. We got over 30 contest entries during the extended hours plus over 25 non-contest entries uploads, about 50 reviews and ratings. We also got over 35 successful new user registrations during the extended 48 hours — including YOU.

Your upload did not make the final cut.

permalink   misztsz Thu, Apr 26, 2007 @ 3:11 PM
nice…
subtech
permalink   Mon, Apr 30, 2007 @ 3:11 PM
So where are we at with the contest? Will the cuts be posted up? How long is the judging process? etc. etc.

Thanks

permalink   victor Mon, Apr 30, 2007 @ 5:31 PM