Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » SPLICEMUSIC.COM open for business

SPLICEMUSIC.COM open for business

thaumata
permalink   Sun, Aug 27, 2006 @ 11:29 AM
Hey everyone. I wanted to let you know that Splicemusic.com is now open registration, so you can come by and join us without an invitation.

In case you missed it, Splice is a new concept of a website where you can remix creative commons licensed loops right in your browser, then publish the results for people to listen to and even to remix if they like.

People have been filling the site with CCMixter loops, so you might even find your own work on there. We would love to have more of you active on the site, so please come by, and if I can do anything to help you get started, don’t hesitate to ask.

See you inside!
Amiee @ splicemusic.com
gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Aug 27, 2006 @ 9:29 PM
I’m on board, and eager to play.
First, though, I’m figuring out how to get the profile info to all save in each time.

Great concept.

permalink   thaumata Tue, Aug 29, 2006 @ 11:08 AM
Ha. yeah.. that was a bug. It shouldn’t holler at you to fill everything in anymore. :)

Thanks for checking it out. Nice to have you!
victor
permalink   Sun, Aug 27, 2006 @ 10:50 PM
OMG! Be Bop Delux! I haven’t heard that name in literally 30 years! I used to love them! — now the sad part: I can’t for the life of me remember what the heck they sound like ;)

permalink   gurdonark Fri, Sep 1, 2006 @ 10:29 AM
They were wonderful. Bill Nelson’s music then, his solo (and in particular his ambient) music later, and www.billnelson.com, are all a real inspiration to me.

I must find my CD of “Live! in the Air Age!”
PorchCat
permalink   Wed, Aug 30, 2006 @ 6:55 AM
Wow neat stuff! I did notice on the site that only the Attribution license is mentioned. Do you also allow for the NonCommercial license? Many CC loops are BY-NC and relicensing works including them as only BY would be a violation of the BY-NC license (because it allows for commercial use of the original BY-NC sample). Can you tell em more about this?

*meow*
Uncool Bob
permalink   Sat, Sep 2, 2006 @ 5:00 AM
wow that’s some site/flash app - don’t tell me you did all that in your spare time please!

just about to plug my much more amateur looking remix tool…
remaxim
permalink   Wed, Apr 23, 2008 @ 7:22 AM
I really like your site and it would be great if you could use some content of ccmixter. The bad thing is that I just don’t trust your site, there are plenty copyrighted songs and samples and if I am working with this I can’t be sure that the songs really belong to me (or the CC community) as I maybe violate somones copyright.