Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » CC adjunct with universities clubs

CC adjunct with universities clubs

cloud_glow
permalink   Thu, Apr 20, 2006 @ 12:11 PM
Hey everyone, I just joined cc and I really like what I see. I’m currently trying to begin a cc-esque club at my community college (we’re a very active community college…), and I was wondering how I would go about working with/alongside creative commons. It will be an art club, experimenting with styles, etc, expanding-sharing-learning… and meant to get people back into the art scene, or let them know that producing and showing art doesn’t have to be a full time thing (and can simply be once a week in an abandonned classroom, with scissors and an old magazine, be it as it may.)

Please help, I woudl like some information on how to be associated, officially, with cc.

Thanks, Aja
oppenheimer
permalink   Fri, Apr 21, 2006 @ 4:52 AM
Hi, Aja.

Eric from Creative Commons here. Feel free to get in touch with me directly at eric at creativecommons dot org — we can discuss ways to get CC stuff going on your campus.

One idea you might consider is starting a CC Salon. CC Salons are monthly social gatherings focused on art, technology, education, and copyright. They happen on the second Wednesday of every month and involve drinks, casual conversation, and presentations about Creative Commons projects and tools. Check out http://creativecommons.org/... for more info or to contribute ideas and proposals for future events.