Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » IGNORANT people on CCmixter

IGNORANT people on CCmixter

DaMo
permalink   Sun, Apr 16, 2006 @ 7:26 AM
Theres something i need to say and i donīt want you to be angry about this but i have to tell! i got 2 things to say:

1.- There seems to be a lot of ignorant people on this site. i donīt think its fair that people do allot of work with their music and donīt get reviewed or even rated.
AT LEAST the artist that have been REMIXED could leave their comments to the song that have been made!

2.- Hip hop!? is anyone doing HIP HOP?
when i listen to the remixes for the contest fort minor
i find myself listening to chillout moods or something like that. of course there are a lot of nice songs no question but where is da real hip hop?
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Apr 16, 2006 @ 8:39 AM
Real hip hop is Quote: "lost in the wind" …and Fort Minor doesn’t qualify.

Yo Damo was that name given at birth or does it stand for an acronym?
DaMo
permalink   Sun, Apr 16, 2006 @ 8:53 AM
Quote: Real hip hop is Quote: "lost in the wind" …and Fort Minor doesn’t qualify.

Yo Damo was that name given at birth or does it stand for an acronym?

oh yea. think hes right. no more real hip hop today.

DaMo… it stands for an acronym. itīs my name

Daniel Mo…
Trifonic
permalink   Mon, Apr 17, 2006 @ 1:56 PM
Quote: Theres something i need to say and i donīt want you to be angry about this but i have to tell! i got 2 things to say:

1.- There seems to be a lot of ignorant people on this site. i donīt think its fair that people do allot of work with their music and donīt get reviewed or even rated.
AT LEAST the artist that have been REMIXED could leave their comments to the song that have been made!

i find myself listening to chillout moods or something like that. of course there are a lot of nice songs no question but where is da real hip hop?

1. If you feel like a track of yours is being overlooked, why don’t you post it to the "pluggy plugs" section and ask people for feedback. Or email the artist you remixed and ask what they think if you don’t hear anything from them. I feel your frustration, but before calling folks "ignorant" just remember that there are a lot of songs getting posted to ccMixter each day, that people get busy, etc… so it’s not surprising that from time to time tracks won’t get the attention they deserve.

2. If you want more "real" hip hop, I think all you can do is either bring it yourself and/or start getting more "real" hip hop artists you know to join ccMixter! ;)

LT
DaMo
permalink   Tue, Apr 18, 2006 @ 11:34 AM
HI trifonic thx for your reply.

i dinīt know about that section in the forum but good to know now.
yes there are allot of people on ccMixter and i know that everyones busy with his own stuff but i think there are allot of members that upload their stuff and want to get rated and things but dont even rate others. i dont think itīs fair.
everyone shold take some time, sometimes to listen to some songs.
cause who would rate and review the stuff if everyone would be that busy with his own music?… nobody.

2. good idea. if i would know some people i would do that but i dont really like german rap, specially the lyrics.there are only some good artist. american hip hop is just the best and it will always be my favourite kind of music.
shagrugge
permalink   Tue, Apr 18, 2006 @ 6:18 PM
Damo I actually prefer rap in other languages or from other countries to most of American hip hop and nearly all modern artists…hip hop here has become too commercialized, vocally dry, and over produced. Kind of what happen to disco…but at least disco was able to reemerge and give berth to house music…hip hop will cross that bridge eventually I’m sure…but I’d hate to think of American hip hop today as being a model for others to emulate. It makes me cringe.
cdk
permalink   Sat, Apr 22, 2006 @ 9:06 PM
just remember that there are a lot of songs getting posted to ccMixter each day, that people get busy, etc… so it’s not surprising that from time to time tracks won’t get the attention they deserve.

it’s totally true, with this new fort minor comp. it has been almost impossible to keep up with what is happened, even i had to take a mixter break for a little while. especially in the case of mr sinkie http://ccmixter.org/media/p...
here is someone who has never posted on mixter and posts 23 remixes of fort minor, and you wonder how no one has gotten a reveiw,
there have been allot of awesome mixes posted during the "high point" of this competition

http://ccmixter.org/media/f...

http://ccmixter.org/media/f...

and here is a great take on utalizing samples from mixter

http://ccmixter.org/media/r...

any way all i’m saying is the best way to be noticed is to make your self noticed, go around check out some non fort minor mixes, you will find plenty of "real" hip-hop, and don’t forget, as teru had tought me in my early days, you have to reveiw to get reveiws.. this is music,
gurdonark
permalink   Sun, Apr 23, 2006 @ 9:19 PM
A lot of folks aren’t ignorant of hip hop, but are just into other things. A contest like Fort Minor always poses a challenge, whether to remix in one’s own genre, or just let the contest go. A few of us are old enough to remember when a lot of great hip hop got off the ground, and for us, it’s as if "real" hip hop is not to be found—but it’s not because we’re "ignorant" of what "real hip hop is".

It’s always hard when others don’t understand one’s own favorite form of work. But in your case, your work is accessible, and hip hop people will understand it quite well.

It’s always frustrating not to get reviewed, or to get "toss off" anonymous low-point "ratings",
but if it’s any consolation, the site has been
really busy with all the Fort Minor remixes.

But you’ve got solid beats, and you’re on to a good thing. You’ve gotten 17 reviews already, and as yo participate more in the site, you’ll get more reviews.
More impotant than reviews, you have a sound and you know how you want to develop it, and who could ask for more than that?

Quote: Theres something i need to say and i donīt want you to be angry about this but i have to tell! i got 2 things to say:

victor
permalink   Mon, Apr 24, 2006 @ 2:10 PM
some people are ignorant, others are quick to judge — in a worldwide community you have deal with all kinds ;)

VS
michael stone
permalink   Tue, Apr 25, 2006 @ 10:37 PM
Poeple are retarded, but look at this thread, there are poeple clearly explaining thier views and ideas in long, detailed posts, I am certianly not complaining :D
EJG (aka Laerlooper)
permalink   Sat, Apr 29, 2006 @ 12:58 AM
Just a suggestion for another approach to writing reviews: I don’t like writing negative reviews, so I stick with reviewing tracks I like. A good way I’ve found tracks I like is to simply click the "Remixes" tab and then click the blue "stream this page" button. Then I walk away and do something else while the tracks play in the background. If a song comes on that really grabs my attention, then I sit down and write a review to let that person know! I should talk though…I haven’t actually done this in quite a while.