Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Newbie Question...

Newbie Question...

Diane_Jessurun
permalink   Wed, Mar 29, 2006 @ 8:07 PM
Hi,

I just joined from a referral from a friend. I am a Vocalist and I have a few questions before I upload.

If I upload some acapella’s, is the user who remixes required to let me know they used my voice samples?

I guess I’m kinda nervous about all this, although I am interested to see what could come out of it.

Thanks,
DJ
shagrugge
permalink   Wed, Mar 29, 2006 @ 8:15 PM
Anyone who remixes your pellas are required to cite them when uploading the remix…When a mixer uploads or submits a remix they use the "I Used samples from" search feature to cite the artists who were sampled.

Welcome to the site
- Hope that helps -
victor
permalink   Wed, Mar 29, 2006 @ 9:20 PM
Quote:
If I upload some acapella’s, is the user who remixes required to let me know they used my voice samples?

it is probably a good idea for you to look over the licenses we use, Attribution and Attribution-NonCommercial

if you post here you have to use one or the other.

they both require that the remixer give you credit. on this site, that means that you will have a link back to your page. but, the remixer may post their remix anywhere on the web and we have no real way of knowing when that has happened. they still have to give you credit according the to law, but no, they are not required to notify you.

if you use the noncommercial version then they are required to notify you if they make money or plan to make money with their remix. They will need to get your express permission to do so (that’s when you set a price). If they try to make money with the remix using your samples then you can bring action against them just like ‘all rights reserved.’

Quote:
I guess I’m kinda nervous about all this, although I am interested to see what could come out of it.

A cappellas posted here have a 85% chance of getting remixed at least once. Folks who upload melodic songs or raps are nearly 100%. Take Colin, he’s been uploading for almost a year, got around 40 remixes (!), he picked the best of the lot and is about release an album on cd baby, splitting the proceeds with the remixers. of course there’s Lisa, she’s been remixed over 50 times, not including the 230 remixes of her for a remix contest. Her album of ccMixter only remixes is out on Magnatune… get the idea? Give a little to ccMixter and the Commons, it will give a lot back…

VS
Diane_Jessurun
permalink   Thu, Mar 30, 2006 @ 12:32 AM
OK, thank you guys. I uploaded so I guess we’ll see how it goes. ;)

DJ
victor
permalink   Thu, Mar 30, 2006 @ 12:39 AM
listening now… um, this is going to be no problem ;)

your voice is beautiful, I predict good things ;)

VS
Diane_Jessurun
permalink   Thu, Mar 30, 2006 @ 1:32 PM
Quote: listening now… um, this is going to be no problem ;)

your voice is beautiful, I predict good things ;)

VS

Thank You Victor. :-)