Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Holiday Funk & Blues Remix Event

Holiday Funk & Blues Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Fri, Nov 26, 2021 @ 9:08 AM
Holiday Funk & Blues Remix Event

And when those blue snowflakes start falling, that’s when those blue memories start calling. ~Jay W. Johnson/Billy Hayes

The holiday blues can be serious, sad, and downright lonely. They can be contemplative, introspective, and deep. They can also be a source of connection, inspiration, and expression.

In all cases, the holiday blues go best with music. That’s why, this year, we’re not going all jolly and holly, sugar cookies and candy canes. We’re going down in it where it’s real — with some gritty funk and blues.

Admiral Bob, one of ccMixter’s most talented and beloved musicians, is kicking this jam off with some tasty stems that cry holiday blues. It is certain his artistry will help us all channel our holiday funk into melodies and rhythms.

Good King Funkylas
3 Funky Kings
Funky Christmas Blues
Oh Come All Ye Funky
Jingle Cowbells

You may gather ‘round the tree, the menorah, the yule log. You may be far away in a distant land. You may be working the night shift as Santa delivers his gifts. You may be in Times Square for the start of the New Year. Just know wherever you are on this pale-blue-dot, this season ccMixter is giving the creative gift of Holiday Funk & Blues.

So here’s a toast to you and to everyone everywhere — especially to all on the island of misfit toys. There is a place for us all in the music we create here at ccMixter.

Dates and Details:
Focus on pells & samples: Nov 26 - Dec 12
Focus on Remixes: Dec 13 - Jan 2

As always, any creative contribution is welcome throughout the entire event.

We’d be so grateful for a little extra present this time of year for ccMixter - donate here.

Here’s to creating Funk & Blues this holiday season!

PELLS
SAMPLES
REMIXES
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Fri, Nov 26, 2021 @ 12:05 PM
Ahhh ya! Funk and blues.
Darkroom
permalink   Sun, Nov 28, 2021 @ 5:54 PM
Let’s do this.
Kara Square
permalink   Mon, Nov 29, 2021 @ 6:56 AM
Yasssss… let’s get those blues out in the funkiest way possible… 🙌
Story of the Lie
permalink   Thu, Dec 2, 2021 @ 7:16 AM
This is gonna be fun! Here’s a great pack I found on Freesound awhile back that might come in handy (it’s a collection of 1-shot sleigh-bells and hand-bells)

permalink   Apoxode Thu, Dec 2, 2021 @ 5:20 PM
Right on, that is sweet, and ccZero too, excellent resource!
Thanks, Story of the Lie

permalink   Kara Square Mon, Dec 6, 2021 @ 10:33 AM
Yes! Very cool find. Thanks for sharing!
Speck
permalink   Thu, Dec 9, 2021 @ 4:10 AM
Hey, I’m noticing this morning that the three links; PELLS, SAMPLES and REMIXES, all lead to the general new uploads page. (Which I don’t think was the case a few days ago.)

permalink   Apoxode Thu, Dec 9, 2021 @ 6:09 AM
At the moment, Beta appears to be undergoing maintenance.
I think the redirect is temporary, though it is preferable.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Dec 9, 2021 @ 12:22 PM
everything should be fixed now!