Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Twitch streamers

Twitch streamers

elora_habilis
permalink   Fri, Jun 26, 2020 @ 3:23 AM
Twitch is cracking down on streamers playing copyrighted music on their streams (like the chat request music features and things like that), and even singing small bits from songs. Since the music here is not for commercial use, I’m assuming a streamer can’t use it for streams since they gain revenue from streaming. I just want to be sure.
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Fri, Jun 26, 2020 @ 1:27 PM
Hi there, elora_habilis!

Just to clarify what you’re asking, you want to know if it’s okay to use music from this website in Twitch streams?

Fortunately, there is music you can use!

Two major types of licenses are non-commercial and commercial, both of which require proper attribution.
The licenses for the music you find will clearly state if it can used for commercial purposes, as long as you give the artist credit.
Credit includes: their name, the song name, a link to the upload on this site, and the type of license: CC-BY-3.0

There are exceptions to the non-commercial licenses, called the TuneTrack songs, made by ccPlus artists. You can buy a license that allows you to use it commercially, and if the math works out for you, as far as cost vs. how much revenue you expect, that might be a good option.

Let me know if you have more questions, I’m happy to help you!