Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Songs that went under the radar?

Songs that went under the radar?

SherifZineldine
permalink   Fri, Aug 9, 2019 @ 6:12 AM
Link to thread in the appropriate place http://ccmixter.org/thread/...
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Fri, Aug 9, 2019 @ 4:24 PM
I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking for, but I think this should be posted under “Features.”

The “Pluggy Plugs” section is for music you’ve made outside of ccMixter.

permalink   SherifZineldine Sat, Aug 10, 2019 @ 4:41 AM
I see I will delete this forum tomorrow and post it on to features. I also edited the post to so it makes more sense.

The intention of this forum was to find old songs on ccmixter, that have very few upvotes/views. Songs that you believe shouldn’t be doomed to obscurity, does that make sense?

permalink   Apoxode Sat, Aug 10, 2019 @ 2:39 PM
Yeah, that does make more sense. I think what you’ve got is an idea for a cool podcast. If you can find about 8 more remixes that you think got passed over, I say host a quick episode and see what kind of response you get. Could be big.

permalink   SherifZineldine Sun, Aug 11, 2019 @ 8:04 PM
I’m not certain I could do a podcast, at the current moment, maybe in the future, I’d love to contribute to the website, in at least some manner as I am ignorant on how to make music at the current moment.

What what I am thinking about doing is making it so that I have a running list of the first 1000 songs I listen too from (lets say 94-1000) and then make a list of the top 10 underrated and top 10 best, along with honorable mentions.
I would then make a top 10,000 number ranking all of the songs I have heard. Then eventually a top 50 for the 50,000 number. I’m not a fan of ranking things, but I think that ranking would likely make things more entertaining, finding out what I put as number 1# even if my preference is very different from everyone else’s! I still would like that we all contribute and reply with songs that we think are underrated on the (forum linked)

The list I would have in mind would look something like this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gSHl4fNLjU-HZ287kWQetfjLhdV80DGvEToKNm6Bwjc/edit?usp=sharing