Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Quota for uploading

Quota for uploading

musicbrain
permalink   Mon, Apr 29, 2019 @ 1:44 PM
Hello everybody,
what is the quota for uploads (in numbers), and how long does it last? I am asking because I uploaded 3 samples today, and can’t upload more at the moment. Which is a pity, I found some really nice ones I’ve nearly forgotten. :-)
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Tue, Apr 30, 2019 @ 1:02 PM
Hi musicbrain,

Great to hear from you! Hopefully I can help …

There is currently a limit to how many samples you can upload within a week, which is 3.

The fastest way to find out when you can upload more is
to add one week to the third most recent sample you uploaded. In your case, currently that is May 6th at 1:00 pm (allowing for a 10-20 minute delay).

Take care, and thank you for your contributions!

:)

permalink   musicbrain Tue, Apr 30, 2019 @ 1:26 PM
Hi Apoxode
Thank you for your reply. Meanwhile I also found this old announcement. Although since then the quota has changed, it was interesting for me to read about the reasons behind this decision.
http://ccmixter.org/thread/...

I also have to admit, that I wasn’t aware of ccM plus yet, probably because I am not a pro musician.

Considering the financial side, I think that using Patreon is a very good idea. Since I have a job again and do earn some money eventually, I will see how much I can spend for ccM.
After all, although not being intensely active at ccM, I really love it.

Cheers,
musicbrain

permalink   Speck Wed, May 1, 2019 @ 1:18 PM
Also - you can put multiple samples in a .zip (single upload, multiple files). Could do flacs that way for higher quality samples. You could run them consecutively in a single mp3 for the preview.

permalink   musicbrain Thu, May 2, 2019 @ 12:31 AM
Quote: SpeckAlso - you can put multiple samples in a .zip (single upload, multiple files). Could do flacs that way for higher quality samples. You could run them consecutively in a single mp3 for the preview.

Ah, that’s a smart idea.